TostãoJump to: navigation, search Tostão Personal information Full name Eduardo Gonçalves de Andrade Date of birth January 25 1947 (1947-01-25) (age 70) Place of birth Belo Horizonte,
Minas Gerais, Brazil Height 1.72 m Playing position Striker Club information Current club Retired Youth clubs 1961 Cruzeiro Senior clubs1 Years Club App (Gls)* 1962-1963</br> 1963-1972</br> 1972-1973 América (MG)
Vasco da Gama ? (?)
? (?) National team2 1966-1972 Brazil 65 (36)
Like the majority of Brazilian footballers he was given a nickname early in his football career. His was Tostão, the little coin. Tostão was an intelligent forward who played for the Brazilian club Cruzeiro and formed a lethal partnership with Pelé in the national team which won the 1970 FIFA World Cup. After the World cup he played for Vasco da Gama.
Tostão suffered a detached retina in 1969 when he was hit in the face by a ball during a match against Corinthians. This injury almost stopped him playing in the 1970 World Cup, and when he damaged his eye again in 1973 he decided to retire from football at the age of 26.
Weary of football and fame he became a medical doctor. In the last ten years he has rejoined the football world by working as a journalist and a pundit on TV.
External links[www.wikidoc.org]" Categories:
- 1947 births
- Living people
- Brazilian footballers
- Brazilian physicians
- Cruzeiro Esporte Clube players
- FIFA World Cup 1966 players
- FIFA World Cup 1970 players
- FIFA World Cup-winning players
- Brazil international footballers
- América Futebol Clube (MG) players
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
In other languages
- This page was last edited 05:40, 29 May 2008 by Jacki Buros (bot). Based on work by Alexandra Almonacid and wikidoc anonymous user Carioca.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.