Roy Anderson (zoologist)Jump to: navigation, search
The majority of Roy Anderson's early career was at Imperial College, becoming a full professor by 1984. He was also director of the Wellcome Research Centre in Parasitic Infections from 1989 to 1993. In 1993 he became head of the Zoology department and Linacre Chair of Zoology at the University of Oxford.
Roy Anderson was in charge of the UK Government's Foot and Mouth control policy in 2001 a policy that culminated in the needless destruction of around six million UK cattle.
Currently (2006) he is Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Ministry of Defence - a two year secondment. He is also Chair in Infectious Disease Epidemiology at the Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology at Imperial College London.
- Freeview Video 'The Epidemic of Mad Cow Disease (BSE) in the UK, Roy Anderson - a Royal Insitution Discourse by the Vega Science Trust.
- EPSRC biography
- Telegraph - Honours for those who 'work and serve at the sharp end'
- 1947 births
- Living people
- English zoologists
- Alumni of Imperial College London
- Academics of Imperial College London
- Fellows of Merton College, Oxford
- Fellows of the Royal Society
- Knights Bachelor
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
- What links here
- Related changes
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Browse properties
- This page was last modified 20:23, 10 October 2007 by [email protected]. Based on work by wikidoc anonymous user 126.96.36.199.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.