H. Robert HorvitzJump to: navigation, search
WikiDoc Resources for H. Robert Horvitz
Evidence Based Medicine
Guidelines / Policies / Govt
Patient Resources / Community
Healthcare Provider Resources
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Experimental / Informatics
H. Robert Horvitz (born May 8, 1947) is an American biologist best known for his research on the nematode worm Caenorhabditis elegans. He is currently at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he is Professor of Biology and a member of the McGovern Institute for Brain Research. He is also an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. In 2000 he received Louisa Gross Horwitz Prize from Columbia University. Horvitz shared the 2002 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine with Sydney Brenner and John Sulston.
He currently lives in Wellesley, Massachusetts in a house built by Richard B. Warren's company Hands On Construction, based out of Concord, Massachusetts.
- H. Robert Horvitz - Investigator page at HHMI
- H. Robert Horvitz - Curriculum Vitae
- H. Robert Horvitz - Autobiography
- H. Robert Horvitz - US Patents
- The Official Site of Louisa Gross Horwitz Prize
Leland H. Hartwell / Tim Hunt / Paul Nurse (2001) · Sydney Brenner / H. Robert Horvitz / John E. Sulston (2002) · Paul Lauterbur / Peter Mansfield (2003) · Richard Axel / Linda B. Buck (2004) · Barry Marshall / Robin Warren (2005) · Andrew Fire / Craig Mello (2006) · Mario Capecchi / Martin Evans / Oliver Smithies (2007)Complete roster · 1901–1925 · 1926–1950 · 1951–1975 · 1976–2000 · 2001–present
Retrieved from "[www.wikidoc.org]"
- Howard Hughes Medical Investigators
- American biologists
- Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine
- Harvard Centennial Medal recipients
- 1947 births
- Living people
- Members and associates of the United States National Academy of Sciences
- Jewish American scientists
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Create a New Page | Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
- What links here
- Related changes
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Browse properties
In other languages
- This page was last edited 15:43, 9 August 2012 by wikidoc user WikiBot. Based on work by Brian Blank, Jacki Buros (bot) and Alexandra Almonacid, wikidoc user LBiller and wikidoc anonymous users 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.