Eric MunozJump to: navigation, search File:Eric Munoz.jpg Assemblyman Eric Munoz
Eric Munoz, MD, MBA, FACS (born October 14 1947, The Bronx, New York) is an American Republican Party politician, who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since 2001, where he represents the 21st legislative district. Munoz has served as the Deputy Conference Leader since 2006.
Munoz serves in the Assembly on the Health and Senior Services Committee and the Human Services Committee.
Dr. Munoz is a practicing trauma surgeon and administrator at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He has served on the National Institutes of Health Committee since 2002. From 1990-2001, he served as Chairman of the New Jersey Medical Practitioner Review Panel, where he was first appointed by Governor of New Jersey James Florio in 1990 and reappointed by Governor Christine Todd Whitman in 1995.
Munoz served on the Summit Common Council from 1996-2001. He is a former Republican Municipal Chairman in Summit. He was elected to an unexpired term as Assemblyman in the old 21st Legislative District in 2001 to succeed Kevin J. O'Toole.
He was elected in 2001, and reelected in 2003 and 2005, to represent the new 21st District consisting of municipalities in Union, Morris, Essex and Somerset Counties. He will serve as Deputy Leader of the Republican Conference for the 2006-2008 term.
In 2006, Munoz was criticized by a Delaware judge for allegedly misrepresenting his credentials as an expert witness in a medical malpractice case. According to the judge, Munoz testified in 2004 that he was certified in emergency medicine when he was only certified in general surgery. The state Supreme Court found that the judge had "abused her discretion" by dismissing the case on this basis but did not dispute her interpretation of the underlying situation.
Munoz graduated with a B.A. from the University of Virginia in Pre-Med, received an M.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, did his general surgery training at Yale-New Haven Hospital, and was awarded an M.B.A. from Columbia University in Finance.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 21st Legislative District are:
Municipalities in the district include: Berkeley Heights Township, Chatham Township, Cranford Township, Garwood Borough, Harding Township, Long Hill Township, Madison Borough, Millburn Township, Mountainside Borough, New Providence Borough, Roselle Park Borough, Springfield Township, Summit City, Warren Township, Watchung Borough and Westfield Town.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Assemblyman Munoz's Legislative Website, accessed April 30, 2007.
- ↑ "New state assemblyman opens his district office in Summit", The Star-Ledger, July 27, 2001. Accessed August 14, 2007. "Munoz... is filling a vacancy created by redistricting and former state Assemblyman Kevin O'Toole (D-Essex) taking another legislative post."
- ↑ Sammons v. St. Francis Hosp., 2006 Del. Super. LEXIS 143 (Del. Super. Ct. 2006).
- ↑ Sammons v. Doctors for Emergency Surgery, P.A., 913 A.2d 519 (Del. 2006).
- ↑ Curriculum Vitae, accessed April 30, 2007.
- ↑ Districts by Number: District 21, new Jersey Legislature. Accessed August 14, 2007.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Assemblyman Munoz's Legislative Website
- Assembly Member Eric Muno, Project Vote Smart
- District 21 Candidates Website Kean (Senate), Bramnick & Munoz (Assembly)
- New Jersey Voter Information Website 2003
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure form for 2006 (PDF)
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure form for 2005 (PDF)
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure form for 2004 (PDF)
- Pages with broken file links
- 1947 births
- Living people
- American physicians
- American surgeons
- Columbia University alumni
- Members of the New Jersey General Assembly
- People from the Bronx
- People from Union County, New Jersey
- University of Virginia alumni
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
- This page was last edited 11:07, 19 May 2008 by Jacki Buros (bot). Based on work by Alexandra Almonacid and wikidoc anonymous user 188.8.131.52.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.