Aberra MollaJump to: navigation, search File:DrAberraMolla-1-.gif Aberra Molla
Aberra computerized the Ge'ez (ግዕዝ) alphabet (also known as Ethiopic) in the 1980s and released the first Ethiopic word processor in that script in 1987. More recently, he worked towards including Ethiopic, Ethiopic Supplement and Extended Ethiopic, particularly Central Cushitic and Gurage glyphs, in Unicode. Ethiopic, an abjad abugida syllabary, has been in use by numerous Ethiopian languages such as Agew, Amharic, Bilen, Ge'ez, Harari, Me'en, Sebat Bet Gurage, Silt'e, Tigre and Tigrigna. The Bible, complete or in part, has also been published in Ethiopic in most of the above languages and others such as Gedeo, Hadiyya, Kembata, Oromo, Sidamo and Welayta languages since 1513. Inscriptional records from D`mt (ደኣማት) kingdom in proto-Ge'ez of the Ge'ez alphabet go back to at least 9th century BC . In the view of Ethiopian Orthodox, the Book of Enoch (መጽሓፈ ሄኖክ) was written in Ethiopic by the first and oldest author in any human language.
Aberra is a veterinarian, and he is employed as a supervisory public health veterinarian with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). He worked to contain foot-and-mouth disease in the United Kingdom during the 2001 United Kingdom foot-and-mouth crisis. He has one US (4,501,816) patent and one UK (2,127,963) patents for a fast immunoglobulin field test. He has also researched neonatal immunodeficiency. Aberra also made vaccines for many years.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Dr. Aberra Molla (in popup window at right)". EthiopianMillenium.com. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- ↑ "Amharic Becomes Official D.C. Government Language". HaileSelassieFund.org. Haile Selassie I International Development Foundation. 2002-11-04. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Dr. Aberra Molla". Ethiopic.com. Ethiopian Computers & Software. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- Aberra Molla. "The Ethiopic Calendar". Ethiopic.com. Ethiopian Computers & Software. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- Unicode Chart
- Bible Translations
- Pages with broken file links
- Ethiopian people
- Colorado State University alumni
- 1947 births
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Create a New Page | Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
- What links here
- Related changes
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Browse properties
- This page was last edited 00:00, 11 May 2008 by Jacki Buros (bot). Based on work by Alexandra Almonacid and wikidoc anonymous user Ethiopic.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.