Aaron CiechanoverJump to: navigation, search
Aaron Ciechanover (אהרון צ'חנובר) (born October 1, 1947) is an Israeli biologist, and Nobel Prize in Chemistry laureate for his discovery with Avram Hershko and Irwin Rose, of ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation. He also received in 2000 the Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research.
Born in Haifa, Israel, he received his Master of Science in 1971 and his M.D. in 1974 from the Hadassah Medical School of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He received his doctorate in medicine in 1982 from the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology), in Haifa. He is currently a Professor in the Unit of Biochemistry and Director of the Rappaport Family Institute for Research in Medical Sciences at the Technion.
Winner of the 2003 Israel Prize for biology.
- Hershko, A., Ciechanover, A., and Rose, I.A. (1979) "Resolution of the ATP-dependent proteolytic system from reticulocytes: A component that interacts with ATP". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 76, pp. 3107-3110.
- Hershko, A., Ciechanover, A., Heller, H., Haas, A.L., and Rose I.A. (1980) "Proposed role of ATP in protein breakdown: Conjugation of proteins with multiple chains of the polypeptide of ATP-dependent proteolysis". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 77, pp. 1783-1786.
- Nobel citation
- Website at the Technion
- Aaron Ciechanover and Avram Hershko 2004 Nobel in Chemistry - A web article
Nobel Prize in Chemistry Laureates
William Knowles / Ryoji Noyori / K. Barry Sharpless (2001) • John B. Fenn / Koichi Tanaka / Kurt Wüthrich (2002) • Peter Agre / Roderick MacKinnon (2003) • Aaron Ciechanover / Avram Hershko / Irwin Rose (2004) • Robert H. Grubbs / Richard R. Schrock / Yves Chauvin (2005) • Roger D. Kornberg (2006)
ar:اهارون سيشانوفر bg:Аарон Цихановер ca:Aaron Ciechanover de:Aaron Ciechanover eo:Aaron Ciechanover fa:آرون تسیخانوور id:Aaron Ciechanover he:אהרן צ'חנובר it:Aaron Ciechanover nl:Aaron Ciechanover no:Aaron Ciechanover sv:Aaron Ciechanover
Retrieved from "[www.wikidoc.org]"
- Pages using invalid self-closed HTML tags
- 1947 births
- Israeli Nobel laureates
- Israeli physicians
- Jews in Ottoman and British Palestine
- Living people
- Nobel laureates in Chemistry
- People from Haifa
- Polish Jews
- Israel Prize recipients
- Technion - Israel Institute of Technology faculty
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem alumni
Navigation WikiDoc | WikiPatient | Up To Date Pages | Recently Edited Pages | Recently Added Pictures Create a New Page | Become an Editor | Editors Help Menu | Create a Page | Edit a Page | Upload a Picture or File | Printable version | Maintain Pages | What Pages Link Here | Quality Improvement
There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for this site and we need your viewer supported Donations | Editorial Board | Governance | Licensing | Disclaimers | Avoid Plagiarism | Policies Tweet Follow @wikidoc
- What links here
- Related changes
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Browse properties
In other languages
- This page was last edited 23:51, 10 May 2008 by Jacki Buros (bot). Based on work by Alexandra Almonacid and wikidoc anonymous user Sreifa01.
- Content is available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License unless otherwise noted; All rights reserved on Board Review content.