Tevez scoops award
In-form Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has won the Player of the Month award for December.
Last Updated: 08/01/10 5:19pm
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has won the Player of the Month award for December.
A string of impressive displays saw the Argentine hit-man score seven goals in six games to boost his side's title challenge.
Tevez's impressive month included scoring the winner against Premier League leaders Chelsea, an equaliser against Bolton and a goal against Sunderland in their 4-3 victory.
When Roberto Mancini took over the scoring did not stop with a goal against Stoke City and a brace in the 3-0 win over Wolves.
This is the first time that Tevez has won the Player of the Month award, after bursting onto the English scene with West Ham United in the 2006/07 season.
The decision was made by the Barclays Awards Panel, which includes representatives from football's governing bodies, the media and fans.
- 1 Conte defends Christensen after error
- 2 'Jose must manage Pogba better'
- 3 Wright blames Conte for Chelsea woes
- 4 Renault light up F1 2018 field
- 5 Jose plays down Pogba burden
- 6 Serena: I almost died after giving birth
- 7 Wenger: Pep wanted to join Arsenal
- 8 Introducing the first Alfa-Sauber
- 9 Aguero in spit claim, City consider action
- 10 F1 2018: The new cars revealed
- Score Centre
- Sky Bet
- Sky Sports
- Sky Sports Channels
- More Sky Sites