Your Borrowing Record | Display Options | Bookbag | Exit
Other Libraries and Collections | Help
Basic | Advanced | Browse
Results List | Current Searches
Empty search string
You are searching: MnPALS Union Catalog
Basic Keyword or Browse Search
Keyword Search assumes you want all the words you type to be:
- Anywhere in Record to find words in titles, author names, subject headings or chapter titles, that describe your topic
- Subject to look for words that are part of authorized subject headings
- Titles to look for words that might be in a title or to invent titles you hope exist on your topic
- Authors when you aren't sure of the exact name of the person or organization, but know part of it
- exactly how the title starts
- the author's last name and (at least) first initial
- an authorized subject heading used for your topic
- the beginning or entire call number
Boolean operators are available only for Keyword searching. The Boolean operator AND is assumed. You may also create a search string using the Boolean operators OR and NOT. Example: (logging and lumber) NOT Minnesota.
The Advanced Search Page offers the ability to do more complex searches.
Use the ? character to find matches that contain portions of words. For example, agri? will retrieve agri, agribusiness, agriculture, agricultural, agriculturist, etc. In another example, ?ology will retrieve anthropology, archaeology, psychology, etc. The ? character may also be used to find variant spellings. For example, wom?n will find both the singular woman and the plural women.
© 2002-2015 MnSCU/PALS & MnLINK