Student exchange programme
- Where can I study
- Costs and StudyLink
- Student experiences overseas
- How to apply
- Scholarships for exchange
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting ready to go
- Global Citizen
- Contact us
Massey University Student Exchange Programme
200+ Universities. 25 Countries. $0 More in tuition.
Other Massey students, just like you, have experienced the world beyond the Pacific at one of our world-class partner universities in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Student exchange allows you to:
- Study overseas for one or two semesters at one of Massey's partner universities.
- Pay your regular Massey tuition fees (60 credits per semester).
- Continue to receive your StudyLink loan and/or allowances.
- Earn Massey credit for the courses you study overseas.
- All our partners offer courses in English.
- Enjoy an overseas experience without delaying the completion of your degree.
Student Exchange is open to domestic, international and distance students from all Massey subject areas except for Construction, Engineering, Nursing, Social Work and Veterinary Science due to the structure of these degrees.
To be considered for the Exchange Programme, you must:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor or Bachelor with Honours (360 - 480 credits) or Master degree (180 or 240 credits) at Massey University.
- Expect to complete one year (120 credits) of study at Massey prior to departing on exchange. You can apply for exchange before you've met this requirement.
- Have a 5.0 (B) grade point average across all your Massey courses.
At least 30 credits at the 300 level in your major and 15 credits at the 300 level in your minor must be completed at Massey. Your other 300 level credits can be earned while on exchange.
Your grade point average must continue to meet the minimum requirement until you depart for your exchange.
Additional requirements for Master's students
- You must complete the exchange in your first year of postgraduate study
- Master's students are limited to one semester of exchange.
- You must have permission from the Director of Teaching and Learning in your College and from the supervisor of your postgraduate programme.
Student Exchange on Facebook
Like the Massey University Student Exchange Facebook page to connect with other Massey students who have been or are considering going on exchange, receive programme updates, and see posts from our overseas partner institutions.
If you are an overseas student interested in studying at Massey University on exchange, please visit our Study Abroad website.
Page authorised by Director, International Office
Last updated on Thursday 16 August 2018