- About Massey
- Massey expertise search
- Massey Research
- Student life
- Student Life at Massey
- About our Campuses
- Academic records
- Completing your study
- Facilities on campus
- Graduation home
- Maps, parking and transport
- Operations and Security
- Recreation and sports
- Starting university
- Students' associations and societies
- Student exchange programme
- Student life services
- Māori - Massey University, New Zealand's defining university
- University web sections (A-Z)
- Design Pathways
- Student Success Advisers
- Te Rau Whakaara / Maori Student Advisers
- Pasifika Learning Consultants
- You’re not sure you’re doing the right course - get programme advice
- You want help with assignments - contact our Learning Advisers
- You don’t understand your programme work - contact your course coordinator
- You can’t find the assistance you want - contact the Student Success Advisers
- You want help to get your finances sorted - contact the Finance and Budgeting Advisers
- You need a local doctor - contact our Health and Counselling Centre
- You want to talk to someone about personal issues - contact our Health and Counselling Centre
- You think you want to drop out of uni - contact the Student Success Advisers
- You want part time work
- You want to meet more people
- You are not settling in or coping too well - contact the Student Success Advisers
- You need some help with accommodation - contact the Accommodation Advisers
The Student Success Adviser helps ensure that students have the best possible chance to succeed at tertiary study, particularly by assisting students to successfully integrate into university life and academic study.
Although every student aims to succeed, sometimes this may not happen as expected. Students may find it difficult to adjust to the demands of university life, the tertiary study environment, academic expectations and the responsibilities that students have to deal with on top of their studies.
Students are welcome to contact the Student Success Adviser to help them identify a way forward. The adviser can explore the situation, examine options and provide advice to help achieve better student outcomes.
The adviser can assist with many areas including:
- Helping with planning and time management
- Identifying the issues that may be limiting success
- Improving study techniques and exam preparation
- Navigating within the university structures and support services
- Making referrals to other support and services both on and off campus
The Student Success Adviser is also involved in university-led initiatives to support student engagement, retention and success.
Referrals can be made directly by students (self referral), or by Colleges’ academic or administrative staff, or by other student support services on campus.
(09) 414 0800 extn 43760
0800 627 739 extn 43760
We have Maori Student Recruitment Advisors available to help you when making your decisions about what to study and where. They can provide guidance on which programmes might best suit your interests and ambitions, as well as help you to make an application for your chosen programme of study.
For more information see the [www.massey.ac.nz]
Pasifika learning advisers are available on each campus to assist you with a variety of matters, including your assignments, studies and any other matters that may affect your studies. For students needing specific assistance, the Pasifika Learning Programme (PLP) is a programme you can enrol in where I will monitor your progress throughout the semesters. This is particularly helpful if you are new to Massey or tertiary study, or are finding it difficult to cope with your course load.
See [www.massey.ac.nz] for more information and contact details.
Page authorised by Student Services Directorate
Last updated on Tuesday 13 March 2018