- Massey Careers
- Current vacancies
- Casual talent pool
- Working at Massey
- Massey people
- Employee benefits
- Working in New Zealand
- Contact us
Find out about the many advantages to becoming part of the Massey team.
Massey employees can enrol in courses and programmes for approved Massey study. Tuition fees may be paid for by Massey provided you:
- Meet the NZ Government criteria for domestic fees rates
- Have a term of employment of at least three years duration or are employed as a Graduate Assistant or Assistant Lecturer
- Have made satisfactory progress in previous study when Massey has met tuition fees
In addition to minimum legal leave entitlements, in many cases (depending on your employment agreement) Massey offers a number of additional entitlements.
Superannuation and KiwiSaver
Massey offers the UniSaver superannuation, comprising of two schemes. Massey also offers the KiwiSaver savings scheme. Depending upon your eligibility, Massey will make contributions of up to 6.75% to the UniSaver scheme or up to 3% to the KiwiSaver scheme.
Workplace insurance provides financial security for you and your family if you are unable to earn an income through illness, accident or premature death. This special plan has been established in conjunction with the Universities of New Zealand to offer Massey employees reduced premiums. New staff members who enrol with the scheme within 75 days of commencing employment will be automatically accepted (some conditions apply). For more information please visit www.marsh.co.nz/massey or use these contacts:
Phone: 0800 467 637 or Email: [email protected]
Southern Cross health insurance is available for you and your immediate family at significantly reduced rates through the Massey University group scheme.
For more information about Southern Cross health insurance call 0800 GET COVER (0800 438 268) or visit southerncross.co.nz.
After one year of employment, if you are engaged in computer-related work for at least half of a full-time position, you shall be entitled to a free eye test. Further tests shall be provided at no less than two yearly intervals upon application through your manager. Depending on your circumstances you may also qualify for the cost of standard lenses/contact lenses and/or glasses frames.
Employee Assistance Programme
Employee Assistance Programme Services (EAP) provide professional/specialist assistance to Massey employees for a wide range of issues that can affect work performance. This confidential service is available to all employeesof 0.5 FTE or greater who have an employment agreement of 12 months or more.
Professional development and training
Massey University is committed to continuous employee training and development. Employees, with their manager's support, are able to access a wide variety of opportunities. Professional development is available to support on-going teaching, research, leadership development and technology.
Massey has excellent recreation centres on all three campuses and offers competitive discount membership rates to all employees.
Westpac, ANZ and Bank of New Zealand all offer packages to Massey employees that include special deals on a range of services including transaction accounts, home loans, credit cards, insurance and investment. For further information contact your local branch.
Transport and parking
Massey provides a free bus service for employees and students from the centre of Palmerston North to both Hokowhitu and Turitea campuses. Employees at the Albany campus receive free parking.
The suppliers below offer special or discounted prices when you show your Massey Staff ID card at the time of purchase:
- MASSEY UNIVERSITY VETERINARY TEACHING HOSPITAL: Vet treatment, food, etc
- MASSEY ALUMNI: Massey University clothing and accessories
- ADVANTAGE COMPUTERS: PC's, notebooks, software and computer consumables
- BUDGET CAR & TRUCK RENTALS: Massey pricing applies
- DTSL: Mac computers, software and consumables
- FARMLANDS: Agricultural Supplies, pet food, etc. Massey pricing applies for cash purchases
- NOEL LEEMING: Electrical goods, appliances, etc
- OFFICEMAX: Stationery, office supplies, office furniture
- ORBIT TRAVEL: Travel and discounted travel insurance at Massey price per day
- PLACEMAKERS: General hardware, tools, building supplies
- VEHICLE TESTING NEW ZEALAND (VTNZ): Discounts on Warrant of Fitness costs
Please note: Not all of these benefits are available to all staff members. Your entitlement will depend on the employment agreement you have been appointed on.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Friday 01 September 2017
Still have questions about working at Massey?
See our FAQs for more information.