Population size (Number)
Population size, 0-6 yrs (Number)
Literates, 7+ yrs (Number)
Literacy rate, 7+ yrs (Per cent)
Source: Census of India 2011 (Final Population Totals)
Discalimer Note on Data and Maps used in CensusInfo IndiaMaps:
- Not to the scale and for thematic presentations only.
- The territorial waters of India extend into the sea to a distance of twelve nautical miles measured from the appropriate base line.
- The external boundaries and coastlines of India agree with the Record/Master Copy certified by Survey of India.
- The State boundaries between Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh, Bihar & Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh & Madhya Pradesh have not been verified by the Governments concerned.
- The administrative headquarters of Chandigarh, Haryana and Punjab are at Chandigarh.
- The interstate boundaries amongst Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Meghalaya shown on this map are as interpreted from the North Eastern Areas (Reorganisation) Act,1971 but have yet to be verified.
- The figures for India and Manipur, include by sex, the estimated population, 0-6 population and literates of Paomata, Mao Maram and Purul sub-divisions of Senapati district of Manipur for Census 2001 and 2011.
- For working out density of India and the State of Jammu & Kashmir, the entire area and population of those portions of Jammu & Kashmir which are under illegal occupation of Pakistan and China have not been taken into account.
- For Census 2011, the population of Others has been clubbed with the Males for working out population, 0-6 population, literates and related rates and ratios.
- Provisional Population is arrived at by adding the Population as reported by each Enumerator for the Enumeration Block assigned to her/him. There could be errors in addition or there could be cases of omission/ duplication of Enumeration Blocks.
- The final population will be arrived at by scanning of Schedules, data processing and other checks.
- The Final Population is likely to be released in 2012.
The data used in the CensusInfo India Dashboard being of provisional nature, only important notes have been mentioned above. More detailed notes would be given when the final population tables are released.