John Mills blue plaque in NorwichSir John Mills (1908-2005) Oscar winner and star of over 100 feature films Sir John Mills went to school here when it was the Norwich High School for Boys. Apparently he hated it and claimed, as one of his achievements, that he broke the school bully's nose
- Plaque Colour: Blue
- Subject Commemorated: Sir John Mills CBE
Sir John Mills CBE (22 February 1908 – 23 April 2005) was an English actor who appeared in more than 120 films in a career spanning seven decades. On screen, he often played people who are not at all exceptional, but become heroes because of their common sense, generosity and good judgement. He received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his work in Ryan's Daughter (1970).
Source: dbpediaLocal area map loading...
- Location: Upper St Giles Street
- District Council: Norwich City Council
- District Council Ward: Mancroft
- County Council: Norfolk County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Mancroft
- UK Parliament Constituency: Norwich South
- Region: Eastern
Tell us what you know about John Mills blue plaque in Norwich
BluePlaquePlaces.co.uk is a Good Stuff website.