YTN (KRX: 040300) is the world's first 24-hour Korean news channel broadcast around South Korea. It was founded on September 14, 1993, and began broadcasting on March 1, 1995.
The channel's previous slogans are "Yesterday, Today and Now" and "Your True Network", both of them being acronyms for the channel's name. The channel's three current slogans are "Always First", "Exclusive Tomorrow" and "Yes! Top News!". This channel also has the slogan, "Whenever and wherever there is news, we are there."
Original YTN tower (right background) with Namdaemun
in the foreground, looking through open doors at the back of gate
- 1993/09/14 YTN founded
- 1995/03/01 Began transmissions
- 2000/04/08 Merged with Seoul Tower, constructing an integrated broadcast transmission tower
- 2004/03/01 Moved to YTN tower, next to Namdaemun (South Gate, commonly known as Sungnyemun)
- 2004/03 Launched "YTN INTERNATIONAL"
- 2008/01/31 KCC approved YTN FM Radio.
- 2008/04/01 YTN FM Radio began broadcasting in Seoul city
- (Callsign:HLQV-FM Frequency:FM 94.5 MHz.)
- 2011/04 Renamed from "YTN INTERNATIONAL" to "YTN WORLD"
- 2014/04 Moved to YTN Newsquare, DMC Area
- 2017/11/16 YTN FM Radio ceased broadcasts on Los Angeles' 100.3 FM HD 2 in favour of the Educational Media Foundation's (EMF) Christian Rock feed, Air1 after the purchase of KSWD by EMF.
- YTN: Korea's first all-news TV channel, carries up-to-the-minute news, weather, sports and traffic, as well as in-depth analysis. The live newscast can be seen 24 hours a day, but live magazines are only in between 4:30 and 1:00.
- YTN SCIENCE: The first Korean science channel, provides a wide range of science information.
- YTN LIFE: This channel delivers weather forecasts as well as up-to-date information on disasters and tips for a healthy lifestyle. It broadcasts live 24 hours a day.
- YTN News FM 94.5: Korea's only all news radio station with the latest news, weather, traffic, plus some music. It broadcasts live 24 hours a day.
- YTN WORLD: International broadcaster to spread various Korean news and content on culture, IT industry, and business across the world.
- YTN KOREAN: Korea's advanced overseas Koreans specialized broadcaster, dedicated to multinational exchanges via Internet.
YTN programming consists of a mix of live news bulletins, live broadcasts from major breaking news, commentary panel programs and overnight replays.
YTN increased its all news programming offerings in 2017, with 3 new weekday shows: "Midnight News" (midnight – 1 am), "Morning News" (6 am – 8 am) and "News Talk" (11 am – 11:40 am).
Throughout most of the day, rolling news coverage is presented from one of two YTN's studios. From 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm (weekdays) and from 9:15 pm to 10 pm (weekends), commentary programs are broadcast. Most of these programs are presented by commentators discussing the general issues that Korea and the world are facing. On the evening part, along with updates, YTN also features main news of the day and expects tomorrow's headlines. Overnight, the channel carries a 20-minute news program presented live from the newsroom on the hour (3 am and 4 am: only 10 minutes long), along with replays of daytime magazines.
Original YTN logo (1 March 1995 - 6 April 2014)
Current YTN logo (7 April 2014 – present)