Please leave a new message below this line. Remember to add a section heading. Thank you. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 08:18, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Also, if you are asking why I tagged your page for deletion, just leave a new message below the "Talk Page" thing. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 07:40, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Please add new sections below this line. Thank you. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 00:46, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
Sorry for how I acted on the Rosalie Housman DYK. I understand if you don't want to finish the review. SL93 (talk) 02:27, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- It's okay, I understand what you were going through (I myself had to see one of my hooks pulled two days prior). I've not actually abandoned the review, I've just been busy with other real-life matters. I'll get back to the review by the end of this weekend. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 02:38, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- I added two alts, one is an expansion of the original hook and the other is a new fact that I added to the article. SL93 (talk) 17:04, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
Women in Red
Hi there, Narutolovehinata5, and welcome to Women in Red. I'm really impressed by the number of biographies you have been writing on Japanese singers and actresses. I hope there will be many more. I don't know how much we can help you with images but I can mention your interest on our WiR talk page. There might be some offers. Please let me know if you run into any difficulties. Happy editing!--Ipigott (talk) 12:18, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome Ipigott. Getting free images of Japanese anime personalities (male and female) is very difficult, and it doesn't help that, unlike pretty much any other entertainment industry I can think of, photography of celebrities, even in public events, is usually prohibited. As someone who regularly goes to Japanese pop-culture events, I can personally attest to this. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 12:37, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- Perhaps you can write to them and ask if they have a photograph you can use to illustrate their article on Wikipedia. I have had some (limited) success along these lines, although I don't write many bios of living people. After all, Wikipedia is usually the first port of call for people who want more information about budding celebrities.--Ipigott (talk) 12:47, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
- @Ipigott: I've actually done precisely that: I've tried sending e-mails to various anime events they've been to, but responses have been in the negative so far. Actually, I have had some success in getting permission (examples are articles on Mami Kawada, Garnidelia, and Shiena Nishizawa, among others), but in the case of Suzuki, I feel like I'm running out of options and honestly this has become very frustrating. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 12:51, 3 December 2018 (UTC)
The DYK Medal
||The DYK Medal
|It is my pleasure to award The DYK Medal to Narutolovehinata5 for their exceptional contributions to the Did You Know project. Your work nominating articles, reviewing hooks, and generally helping to keep the project in good running order is greatly appreciated and makes a tremendous difference. Thank you for all you do! Best, Mifter (talk) 22:53, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
DYK for Sumika (band)
Cas Liber (talk · contribs) 00:02, 11 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi, didn't you close this a little quickly? It hasn't even been 24 hours. Since it is a student editor, I thought to give them a day or two to respond, and then close it. Yoninah (talk) 11:25, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- I wasn't aware that the editor was a student editor, but in any case, I felt that regardless, no expansion or even hooks were forthcoming anyway. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 13:58, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- OK. I haven't heard anything back yet. Yoninah (talk) 23:16, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
Hey there I heard that u play Minecraft mmmmmm Do you play minigames, SMP or creative citybuild? VincentLUFan (talk) (Kenton!) 11:48, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry to break it to you, but I haven't played Minecraft in years. With that said, I preferred playing creative. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 12:12, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- It’s okay haha. I am actually playing on a more creative-based server right now called Wolvhaven. They really have some good looking buildings. I sometimes work on my creative mode city. Feel free to join if you want, I can guide you as a veteran player there hehe VincentLUFan (talk) (Kenton!) 13:34, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
DYK for Nichika Ōmori
— Maile (talk) 12:02, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
Re: Can I request for a translation of a permissions request letter?
NPR Newsletter No.16 15 December 2018
- Reviewer of the Year
This year's award for the Reviewer of the Year goes to Onel5969. Around on Wikipedia since 2011, their staggering number of 26,554 reviews over the past twelve months makes them, together with an additional total of 275,285 edits, one of Wikipedia's most prolific users.
- Thanks are also extended for their work to JTtheOG (15,059 reviews), Boleyn (12,760 reviews), Cwmhiraeth (9,001 reviews), Semmendinger (8,440 reviews), PRehse (8,092 reviews), Arthistorian1977 (5,306 reviews), Abishe (4,153 reviews), Barkeep49 (4,016 reviews), and Elmidae (3,615 reviews).
Cwmhiraeth, Semmendinger, Barkeep49, and Elmidae have been New Page Reviewers for less than a year — Barkeep49 for only seven months, while Boleyn, with an edit count of 250,000 since she joined Wikipedia in 2008, has been a bastion of New Page Patrol for many years.
See also the list of top 100 reviewers.
- Less good news, and an appeal for some help
The backlog is now approaching 5,000, and still rising. There are around 640 holders of the NPR flag, most of whom appear to be inactive. The 10% of the reviewers who do 90% of the work could do with some support especially as some of them are now taking a well deserved break.
- Really good news - NPR wins the Community Wishlist Survey 2019
At #1 position, the Community Wishlist poll closed on 3 December with a resounding success for NPP, reminding the WMF and the volunteer communities just how critical NPP is to maintaining a clean encyclopedia and the need for improved tools to do it. A big 'thank you' to everyone who supported the NPP proposals. See the results.
- Training video
Due to a number of changes having been made to the feed since this three-minute video was created, we have been asked by the WMF for feedback on the video with a view to getting it brought up to date to reflect the new features of the system. Please leave your comments here, particularly mentioning how helpful you find it for new reviewers.
If you wish to opt-out of future mailings, go here.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:14, 14 December 2018 (UTC)