The article Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Radiant Child: The Story of Young Artist Jean-Michel Basquiat for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Snowycats -- Snowycats (talk) 19:02, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
The article The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of ReaderofthePack -- ReaderofthePack (talk) 14:41, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I would like to enroll in the NPR School as I was formerlry an NPR and had rights revoked due to inexperience and mistakes and I would like to get the experience, understand the process and hopefully, help out as an NPR again. Just for info I'm also a WP:CVUA graduate.I did try with User:Insertcleverphrasehere but he was busy and suggested I spoke with you. Thanks in advance! Bingobro (Chat) 08:54, 6 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Bingobro: I would be happy to do what I can to help. I have setup a place for us to do our work at User:Barkeep49/NPPSchool/Bingobro. CVUA is a little more polished in their cirriculum than NPP School but we'll definitely go through the things we need to do. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 17:45, 6 January 2019 (UTC)
Thoughts on ORES applications for counter-vandalism
I see you message on Village Pump. Have you used ORES applications for counter-vandalism? Please let me know if you'd have any idea to share. Thanks! Bobo.03 (talk) 21:26, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Bobo.03: I have used it for New Page Patrol and for predicted class ratings, but I have not used it for counter vandalism. Thanks for asking and your response at the Village Pump. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 21:46, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's an interesting and important application, and we'd be happy to hear your suggestion if you are interested:) Bobo.03 (talk) 21:52, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Overall I think it does nice work. My biggest "complaint" is that its predicted ratings seem to have a bigger margin of error the higher the actual or predicted class of article. This is true for both false positives (it says something is B class which is not) and false negatives (it says something isn't B class which is). It is my experience it is very accurate are finding stubs, great at start class, and its error bars gets noticeably larger by the time it gets to C and I can't count on it with any accuracy for anything B or better. Hope that helps. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 22:14, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for your observations! Would you like to set up a time to chat about like your general opinions and inputs how to improve it? No pressure though:) Bobo.03 (talk) 17:00, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Bobo.03: If you think it would be helpful for me to talk more about the comment I expressed above I would be happy to have a conversation. I'm not sure how helpful it would be for CV, however. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 18:07, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
New pages patrol training
Hi, I'm approaching you to ask whether you'd be willing to give me some training on New Page Patrolling. I have been around for a while, mostly as a reader, but only started contributing seriously last summer; I enjoyed the process of going through the CVUA training under Mz7, and I learned a huge amount about how things worked here, so I'm now thinking about branching our and finding additional ways to support the project. GirthSummit (blether) 16:17, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
(PS - I'd appreciate it if you could ping me when you respond - all the counter vandalism work has made my watchlist somewhat unwieldy!) GirthSummit (blether) 16:19, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Girth Summit: I would be happy to. Just so you know, CVUA is a pretty polished curriculum where as I am still figuring out NPP School. The way I've been doing it, which I have been happy with, is to use AfC drafts as our jumping off point to discuss the various elements of notability, followed by more targeted work on the remaining NPP areas (communications, deletion, and tagging). I have setup a a page for us to work from. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 17:18, 12 January 2019 (UTC)
Submission declined / Speedy Deletion
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to explain to me the reason why you have done so.
Previously a user, Nosebagbear deleted my article due to copyright issue and told me to fix it.
That is why i went through the steps to get the proper approval following wikipedia guideline on the copyright information.
I agree with you that facebook seems quite promotional. However it was also mentioned briefing in the documentary done by channel news asia which is a media company in Singapore. Due to the long video, i sourced facebook instead as it's more open to the public. It was also mentioned on some smaller website, but those doesn't seem as creditable to linked with that why I went ahead with facebook.
The reason why I created this page was because I know this person and he has been getting some notability so this was created early.
Did i put too much effort into writing this? Should i remove more information that seems promotional? Though, I did tried to write in as neutral as possible, getting other writers to look at it.
Could you kindly, please go through my submission one more time?
I'm not getting paid to do this, but i spent time researching on this. If would be nice to have another chance.
Thank you regardless of your decision
LearnKoreanToday (talk) 06:58, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- @LearnKoreanToday: So the submission has been deleted at this point so I can't really take a look at it. The documentary by Channel NewsAsia is a better bet. For a company like this, you need to have multiple independent reliable secondary sources that cover the topic in significant detail. It needs all 5 of those things. You can read more about those here which will also give you some examples. I know from personal experience that writing new articles always takes real effort, so I don't think you put too much effort into it. I will just warn you again that even with more effort that this topic might not meet our standard for companies - most companies this size don't qualify. This is true even if it has an interesting story and is doing good work. Hope that helps, but feel free to ask me more questions. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 15:46, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Tireless Contributor Barnstar
|Keep up the good work! Bradv🍁 20:57, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
You're a fine editor.
||You deserve a halo for the work you do
|... but all that's in stock are cuties. Natureium (talk) 00:29, 18 January 2019 (UTC)