The article Wolf in the Snow you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Wolf in the Snow for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Nova Crystallis -- Nova Crystallis (talk) 04:21, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
Hey Barkeep49, thanks for reviewing some of my NPPschool things. Maybe you can give me a AFC reviewing progress report since late October?
To see if I am making progress in the AFCR department? I feel I've been getting better with AFC and only accepting articles that I know can pass AFD. I now have earwig's copyright check in my drop down menu and I'm also using a few other copyright detection tools. Also maybe you can do another random NPPschool check?? thanks. JC7V-talk 03:13, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
- @JC7V7DC5768: I looked at your work over the last few days. Here are my thoughts:
- Agree:Draft:4ox! Music, Draft:Tony Liam, Draft:Cierra Cinti, Draft:Rrota, Nils Ole Oermann, Minnesota Senate, District 37, Hooks, Pennsylvania, Draft:Adam Riccoboni, Draft:Ava Porter, Draft:Bendura Bank, Draft:Thinc Institute of Design, 2018–19 Liga EBA season, Draft:Augmented Gaming Clan
- Mosholu Jewish Center has NYT sourcing because it's in New York. Could be notable but it's important to seperate work major RS, like the NYT and Washington Post, do in national coverage, imputing notability, and what they cover because it's local news. Needs to be treated differently for purposes of notability.
- Draft:Robert Wnukowski clearly correct declined. Was bad enough that I did my first ever MfD nom on it.
- Draft:New Radio - Curious what NPOV issues you found with it?
- Draft:James Quinn (actor) Correct decline reason but if you were going to leave a comment WP:NACTOR would probably have been worth mentioning
- Draft:Jason Andrews The apparent COI/promo was probably worth mentioning. Without having done any looking I'd say there's a 40% chance he's actually notable but that editor is going to need to radically change their editing style to get him over the hump
- Draft:Gavin Clarkson just to be clear he fails NPOL 2 ways - as a Secretary of State canidate this is clear. Less clear but still short of NPOL was his work at Beauru of Indian Affairs. If he'd been an assistant secretary rather than a Deputy Assistant Secretary this might be a different discussion.
- Draft:Valentina Lombardo clear autobio.
- While I agreed with your actions at AfC it's important to note that were these already in mainspace they wouldn't all necessarily be deletable - no WP:BEFORE was done. I also didn't check copyright on any of them assuming you had done so. If not you should go back and fix that. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 04:06, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
/* Reviewing Patricia.com.ng for Deletion */
Hi Barkeep49, I see you unreviewed the page Patricia.com.ng and deleted it as you think the page is not notable.
I do not understand this stance as I think the page is quite notable enough to stand as a Wikipedia article. If you request that I add more references, that may be a point but outrightly saying the page is not notable and deleting it off is something you need to look into again.
--Ladispeaks (talk) 11:29, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Ladispeaks: There was a recent deletion discussion where the consensus was to delete. If there are new sources the page could be remade. Alternatively if you think there was a mistake, for instance there are reliable independent secondary sources which discuss the company in significant detail, you could apply for a deletion review. My honest assessment is that deletion was correct for this company at this time according to the standards Wikipedia uses for companies. Let me know if you have other questions or thoughts. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 15:46, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your kind words. -- KTC (talk) 21:39, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of The Rambling Man -- The Rambling Man (talk) 23:21, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
The article Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of The Rambling Man -- The Rambling Man (talk) 13:41, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
The article Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of The Rambling Man -- The Rambling Man (talk) 20:41, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
There are enough good candidates and I'd like to see Joe Roe (who is away on working on an archaeology site right now, hence his late entry) get in. We need new blood and active editors on the Committee. Doug Weller talk 09:13, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Doug Weller: Thank you for taking the time to let me know. More importantly thank you for the time thought and consideration you've lent the community during your two terms on the Committee. Fondly wishing you all the Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 16:00, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.15 16 November 2018
Chart of the New Pages Patrol backlog for the past 6 months.
- Community Wishlist Survey – NPP needs you – Vote NOW
- Community Wishlist Voting takes place 16 to 30 November for the Page Curation and New Pages Feed improvements, and other software requests. The NPP community is hoping for a good turnout in support of the requests to Santa for the tools we need. This is very important as we have been asking the Foundation for these upgrades for 4 years.
- If this proposal does not make it into the top ten, it is likely that the tools will be given no support at all for the foreseeable future. So please put in a vote today.
- We are counting on significant support not only from our own ranks, but from everyone who is concerned with maintaining a Wikipedia that is free of vandalism, promotion, flagrant financial exploitation and other pollution.
- With all 650 reviewers voting for these urgently needed improvements, our requests would be unlikely to fail. See also The Signpost Special report: 'NPP: This could be heaven or this could be hell for new users – and for the reviewers', and if you are not sure what the wish list is all about, take a sneak peek at an article in this month's upcoming issue of The Signpost which unfortunately due to staff holidays and an impending US holiday will probably not be published until after voting has closed.
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here)18:37, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
Chental-Song Bembry Page Edits
@Barkeep49: Message text. Chentalsong 19:57, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
My name is Chental-Song Bembry. On November 13, 2018, I discovered that the you and a few other editors created a Wikipedia article about me entitled "Chental-Song Bembry." Thank you for creating the article. I reviewed the article and noticed that it was missing several other articles that have been written about me in the past by notable organizations including Black Enterprise, The Grio, and Cheat Sheet Entertainment. Upon noticing these missing articles, I created a Wikipedia account for the purposes of adding these credible references to my article. I received a message from the user Shoy, who noticed my additions and accused me of creating an autobiography about myself, which I did not do.
I ask that my article does not get deleted, as I was only trying to add information to further deem my article as credible. I am new to Wikipedia and did not understand that I could suggest edits by using the "Talk Page." In the future, I will be sure to abide by these guidelines. Again, please do not delete my article.
I was just wondering what qualified the Ocean Colour Scene - EP page to be deleted? I'm just confused as this is a legitimate release by a band with plenty of relevant pages in Wikipedia.
Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Craiger2013 (talk • contribs) 00:56, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Craiger2013: Thanks for your question. I found the page will doing new page patrol. As part of this we evaluate pages against Wikipedia's notablity standard by looking at both general and specific guidelines. In this case the specific guideline is for albums. I did not see evidence in that article of how it met one of the criteria of that gudeline and so redirected it to the band's page. If the album already meets (or comes to meet in the coming days/weeks) one of the criteria, the article can be found in the history and improved with that information supported by reliable sources. I hope this makes sense. If you have more questions I might be able to answer let me know. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 05:13, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
Requested Edit (section named by Barkeep49)
Thank you for your help Aciam888 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Aciam888 (talk • contribs) 06:40, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
Barkeep49, if you could please return to your review here and explain more precisely what needs citing that would help a lot, since the nominator believes that the necessary citation is in place. Many thanks. BlueMoonset (talk) 16:18, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 17:08, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, please can you explain why my article about Parnia Porsche has been deleted? She meets notability criteria and is worthy of entry into Wikipedia. It seems as though an older page was deleted and since then my page has been deleted without any thought to the content within it.
Thanks Kelmoo (talk) 20:12, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Kelmoo: There has been a recent discussion about her notability held here that concluded delete. I did not see any large changes between what that version appeared to be and what you made. I nominated it for deletion on those grounds and an administrator agreed. If you feel different rather than creating the page in mainspace perhaps go through WP:AFC? Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 20:43, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the reply.
Parnia has about 500,000 followers on Facebook and a lot on Instagram too - I could link to her social profiles if that helps?
She has a huge following and is a very well known in Australia particularly. Kelmoo (talk) 20:56, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Kelmoo: Social media followers generally aren't considered when assessing notability - it is too easy to manipulate. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 20:59, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
I do understand that and agree also, I was just trying to highlight the fact she is well known in the modelling world. She wouldn't get on the cover of Maxim and so forth if she wasn't. She was number 9 on the Maxim Hot 100 list this year with the likes of Kate Upton etc so I feel her profile is worthy. Can I get a copy of my original page? I could resubmit at a later date. Thanks Kelmoo (talk) 21:13, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Kelmoo: I'm not an administrator so I can't do that but let's ping Anthony Appleyard who deleted the page and is one. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 21:16, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
A goat for you!
Thanks for reviewing my article!
Btcgeek (talk) 05:06, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
New Saxon Spelling
I was in the MIDDLE of discussing with a moderator why the New Saxon Spelling page I'd posted was different from the original and shouldn't be deleted again, when another moderator deleted it. I can't even see what the original moderator's response to my comments were. --Infinitum11 (talk) 21:22, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Infinitum11: That sounds frustrating. From what I could see there were only superficial changes made between the old version and this version I am not an administrator myself so I can't restore the page or see the conversation. You might want to ask at WP:REFUND if it could be put into your userspace?
- Okay thank you. --Infinitum11 (talk) 21:41, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
José G. Saucedo (section named by Barkeep49)
Hi User: Barkeep49, I wonder if you could review the changes to references to page José G. Saucedo. Thank you in advance! Appreciate! Julio César Martin Trejo
- @Julio César Martin Trejo: I don't speak Spanish so I might not be the best person. Sorry. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 00:37, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
It is in English. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Julio César Martin Trejo (talk • contribs) 00:40, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Julio César Martin Trejo: Sorry. Maybe I don't understand what you're asking. Can you ask again? Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 00:53, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi again User: Barkeep49. I wonder if you could review the article José G. Saucedo. I deleted almost 80% of the article for being irrelevant for the general public, and I added a secondary source from a reliable secular source.
Plus, I deleted the template about possible irrelevance and do not know how to put it back (sorry for that, I do apologize).
Julio César Martin Trejo (talk) 14:52, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Julio César Martin Trejo: Thanks for clarifying. Your changes have improved the article. Thanks. Best, Barkeep49 (talk) 15:59, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
DYK for Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut
Vanamonde (talk) 04:39, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Now Is The Time
Hi, please can you explain why the article about Brenda Fassie's Now Is The Time album has been deleted? It meets notability criteria and is worthy of entry into Wikipedia.What does this means "This page provides a guideline for editors in applying the concept of notability to topics related to music, including artists, bands, albums, and songs. Failing to satisfy the notability guidelines is not a criterion for speedy deletion"WP:NALBUM WIKIZILE (talk) 10:18, 21 November 2018 (UTC)