UTC−06:00: blue (January), orange (July), yellow (all year round), light blue (sea areas)
UTC−06:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of −06:00.
In North America, it is observed in the Central Time Zone during standard time, and in the Mountain Time Zone during the other eight months (see Daylight saving time). Several Latin American countries and a few other places use it year round.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)
Principal cities: Mexico City, Chicago, Winnipeg
CST is standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian; used in North America in some parts of Canada, Mexico and the United States.
- Canada (Central Time Zone)
- United States (Central Time Zone)
- Except for Chambers, Lee, Macon, & Russell counties
- The counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, and Washington, and northern Gulf county (panhandle)
- Entire state except westernmost counties
- North Dakota
- Entire state except southwest
- South Dakota
- All except westernmost counties
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)
Principal cities: Denver, Calgary, Edmonton, Ciudad Juárez
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Guatemala City, Tegucigalpa, Managua
As standard time (Southern Hemisphere winter)