UTC−04:00: blue (January), orange (July), yellow (all year round), light blue (sea areas)
UTC−04:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of −04:00.
It is observed in the Eastern Time Zone (e.g., Canada and the United States) during the warm months of daylight saving time, as Eastern Daylight Time. The Atlantic Time Zone observes it during standard time (cold months).
It is observed all year in the Eastern Caribbean.
As standard time (Northern Hemisphere winter)
Principal cities: Halifax
As daylight saving time (Northern Hemisphere summer)
Principal cities: New York, Toronto, Havana
- Canada (Eastern Time Zone)
- United States (Eastern Time Zone)
- Chambers, Lee, Macon, & Russell counties
- District of Columbia
- Entire state except the counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton, and Washington, and northern Gulf county (panhandle)
- New England (states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont)
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Caracas, Manaus, Santo Domingo, La Paz
As standard time (Southern Hemisphere winter)
Principal cities: Santiago, Asunción