This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.

Solok

Solok

Kota Solok
Official seal of Solok
Seal
Motto(s): 
Indonesian: Bersih, Elok, Rapi, Aman dan Sejahtera (BERAS)
(Clean, Elegant, Neat, Safe and Prosperous)
Location within West Sumatra
Location within West Sumatra
Solok is located in Sumatra
Solok
Solok
Location in Sumatra and Indonesia
Solok is located in Indonesia
Solok
Solok
Solok (Indonesia)
Coordinates: 00°47′59″S 100°39′58″E / 0.79972°S 100.66611°E / -0.79972; 100.66611
Country Indonesia
Province West Sumatra
Government
 • MayorZul Elfian Trianso
 • Vice MayorReinier Intan Batuah
Area
 • Total57.64 km2 (22.25 sq mi)
Population
 (2014)
 • Total62,483
 • Density1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)
Time zoneUTC+7 (Indonesia Western Time)
Area code(+62) 755
ClimateAf
Website[www.solokkota.go.id]

Solok (means valley) is a city in West Sumatra, Indonesia. Its motto is Kota Beras, abbreviation from "Bersih, Elok, Rapi, Aman dan Sejahtera". It has an area of 57.64 km² (0.14 percent of the area of West Sumatra) and a population of 62,483 people in 2014. Solok topography varies between the plains and hilly with a height of 390 m above sea level. There are three tributaries that cross Solok, namely Batang Lembang, Batang Gawan, and Batang Air Binguang.

Judging from the type of soil, 21.37 percent of the land in Solok is rice field and the remaining 78.63 percent is used for other than rice field. While the travel time from Solok to Padang is 75 minutes, to the city of Padang Panjang for 60 minutes and to Sawahlunto for 40 minutes.[1]

References

  1. ^ Bappeda Kota Solok. "Kota Solok Dalam Angka Tahun 2014". Retrieved January 7, 2017.

External links