|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Junction Main road, Suramanagalam, Salem, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Elevation||288 m above sea level|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Jolarpettai-Shoranur line, Salem-Karur line|
|Connections||Goods terminal, Taxi Stand, Satellite Town Bus Terminal|
|Structure type||on ground station|
|Fare zone||Southern Railways|
|Passengers||50,000 per day on average|
Source: Google maps
Salem Junction railway station(station code: SA) is a junction railway station situated in Salem and the headquarters of the Salem railway division of the Southern Railway Zone in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is one of the major transit point in Southern India.
The station has satellite bus terminus the local bus available 24 hours to Salem central bus terminus. It is upgraded A grade station and there is 5 ATM's near junction entrance and the station has waiting hall and electric battery car to go for platform.
The station has subway for every platform and platform bridges with lift. Over 160 trains passing through Salem junction. The station has 6 platforms and 8 tracks. Other nearest major junctions Omalur Junction and Erode Junction
There are 6 lines branching out from the station
- Double Electrified BG line towards Chennai Central
- Double Electrified BG Erode Junction
- Single Electrified BG Mettur Dam railway station
- Single Diesel BG line towards Virudhachalam Junction
- Single Diesel BG line towards Bengaluru City railway station
- Single Diesel BG line towards Karur Junction
- Computerized reservation center with 3 counters and more than 5 counters for non reservation tickets and separate counters for the cancellation for reserved tickets for more easy to cancel tickets,
- Digital coach number board in every platform with speakers for announcement of trains arriving in which platform and digital board of trains will arrive in station and platform number
- Every platform has hotels and canteen and drinking water chairs for sitting with fans lights and TV.
- The junction has bike parking and valet car parking and ATM's and satellite bus terminus with railway police station