This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.

Rubble masonry

Section of wall faced with cut stone and rubble masonry fill

Rubble masonry is rough, unhewn building stone set in mortar, but not laid in regular courses.[1] It may appear as the outer surface of a wall or may fill the core of a wall which is faced with unit masonry such as brick or cut stone.

See also

  • Snecked masonry - Masonry made of mixed sizes of stone but in regular courses.



  1. ^ A Dictionary of Architecture, Fleming, Honour, & Pevsner