|General Police Corps of the Canary Islands
Cuerpo General de la Policía Canaria (Spanish)
|Common name||Policía Canaria|
Logo of the General Police Corps of the Canary Islands
|Formed||June 30, 2010|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||Autonomous Community of Canary Islands, Spain|
|Governing body||Government of the Canary Islands|
|Constituting instrument||Ley del Cuerpo General de la Policía Canaria (28 May 2008)|
|Sworn members||100 (to be 1,700)|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Presidency, Justice and Security|
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Ley del Cuerpo General de la Policía Canaria (English: Law of the General Police Corps of the Canary Islands), passed on 28 May 2008 by the Parliament of the Canary Islands, states that the functions of the police force include the guarding and protection of people, bodies, buildings, facilities and units of the autonomous community and its instrumental bodies, and to ensure compliance with the regulations and orders issued by the organs of the community, among others.
This regional police work consists of the General Police Corps Canaria and the local police bodies of the 88 municipalities canaries. The hundred agents configured promotion pimera General Body only.
One hundred agents, 92 men and 8 women, made up the first promotion of Police Canary in a presentation ceremony held on June 30 of 2010 at the Academy of Security Canaria Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the regional president said that this was only the first step in a deployment that will reach 1,700 officers in several phases.
His first mission was to celebrate the Festival of the Virgen de las Nieves, on the island of La Palma.
- Polícia en prácticas (Police trainee)
- Polícia (Police officer)
- Oficial (Police sergeant)
- Subinspector (Police lieutenant)
- Inspector (Police captain)
- Subcomisario (Deputy police inspector)
- Comisario (Police inspector)
- Comisario principal (Assistant chief of police)
- Comisario principal jefe (Chief of police)
- Moreno, Gorka (7 May 2010). "La Policia Foral exporta su modelo a Canarias". ABC (in Spanish). Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "El Gobierno de Canarias presenta la uniformidad del Cuerpo General de la Policía Canaria" (PDF). Seguridad y Emergencias Canarias. Retrieved 2016-11-19.