|Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation
Shakuntala Dharade, NCP
Mr. Rajeev Jadhav
Leader of Opposition
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (Marathi: पिंपरी-चिंचवड महानगरपालिका) or PCMC is a Municipal Corporation of Pimpri-Chinchwad, in Pune Metro City. It is an Urban Agglomeration (UA) of Pune. Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation is situated on the old Mumbai–Pune Highway in the heart of Pimpri-Chinchwad which is one and a half hours from Navi Mumbai. Pimpri Chinchwad Council was formed on 4 March 1970 covering area of about 87 km2 which later on was established as Municipal Corporation in 1982, which now covers an area of about 181 square kilometers. As per 2011 census population of Pimpri Chinchwad is 17,29,000 souls growing at a rate of 6% annually, with a national average of 2.1%.
The industrial area of PCMC was started with the established of Hindustan Antibiotic the first pharmaceutical company in the year 1954.On 4 March 1970 by late Annasaheb Magar put the founding stone of PCMC. In the beginning four villages of Pimpri, Chinchwad, Akurdi and Bhosari were merged into this corporation area. The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Transport (PCMT) was started in 1974. This is now a part of PMPML (the local transport of Pune Metropolitan Area). In 1975 the status of this corporation was changed from C to A class. PCMC is considered as richest and one of the fastest growing municipal corporations in Asia.
Services provided to its citizens
- Water Supply
- Public Health - A. Solid Waste Management
- Sewerage and Drainage
- Road and Building Maintenance
- Electricity (Street Lights)
- Licenses : Industrial and Shops
- Education - Primary and Secondary
- Renting Municipal Property
- Birth and Death Registration
- Miscellaneous Services
- Food Adulterate Control Certificates
- Building Permission
PCMC undertakes the following schemes:
- Free Bicycles for girls to promote education.
- Free Sewing Machine distribution to women from economically weaker section to promote Self-Employment.
- Financial assistance to Girls for technical training.
- Computer Training, Vocational Training and Tool kits to women for Self-Employment.
- Entrepreneurship development program.
- Subsides on loan to registered "Mahila Mandals" for self-employment.
- Revolving funds to Self-Help Groups.
- Private Tuition fees to girls students for developing their academic standards.
- Savitribai Phule Award for Individuals.
- Savitirbai Phule Award for Social Institute.
- Financial assistance for nutritious diet for pregnant women from slum areas.
- Financial assistance to registered Mahila Mandal for Child Day Care center.
- Financial assistance for Girls for Higher Education in abroad.
- Financial assistance for higher-education i.e.first year M.B.B.S / Engineering Degree Courses.
- Marketing Center.
- Scholarship for the disabled.
- Free instruments for people with physical disability.
- Financial assistance to widows and divorcee women for self-employment.
- Financial assistance to the persons who are free from imprisonment for life.
- Scholarship for backward cast students.
- Free Bicycle to backward cast students.
- Financial assistance for backward cast Co-op.Housing Societies.
- Financial assistance to backward cast co-op.societies for repairing of House.
- Financial assistance for higher education for backward students.
- Computer training to Backward class Students for Self-Employment.
Corporation Election 2012
Political Performance in Election 2012 
|S.No.||Party Name||Party flag or symbol||Number of Corporators|
|01||Indian National Congress (INC)||14|
|02||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)||03|
|03||Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)||83|
|04||Shiv Sena (SS)||14|
|05||Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS)||04|
|06||Other State Parties||01|
- "PCMC's Commissioner". PCMC - Office of Commissioner.
- "PCMC's Chairman". PCMC - Office of Chairman.
- "Bhosale is opposition leader in PCMC". Times of India. 16 February 2011.
- "PCMC civic elders strength to be 128". Sakaal Times. 11 August 2011.
- "About PCMC". PCMC BSUP JNNURM website.