Netrokona (Bengali: নেত্রকোনা) is a district in northern Bangladesh. It is a part of Mymensingh Division.
Netrokona is situated in the northern part of Bangladesh, near the Meghalayan border. There are five main rivers in Netrokona: Kangsha,Someshawri,Dhala, Magra, and Teorkhali.
Netrokona Pouroshabha (Town of Netrokona) is a municipal town, established in 1887 and with an area of 13.63 km².
Further information History of Netrokona (Bengali)
Netrokona district is divided into ten upazilas.
The economy of Netrokona is largely agrarian. Susang Durgapur, an Upazila of Netrokona, is one of the major sources of country's China-Clay used for ceramic products. Its vast water bodies (Hawor) provides wide varieties of fishes. Bara Bazar and Choto Bazar is commerce centre of Netrokona.
- Durgapur : This is one of the beautiful places of Bangladesh. There are a lot of Garo hills at Bijoypur in Durgapur. There is a hill of white clay.
- Birishiri : There is a Tribal Cultural Academy. And also have a historical big pond called Sagor Dighi.
- Hawor : Hawor is a large area of water spaces. Biggest hawor is located in Mohongonj and Khaliajuri . Dingaputa is one of the biggest hawor among them.
- Madanpur Mazar (Shah Sultan Rumi): It is situated 8 km south to the Netrokona Town.
- Ranikong Mission 
Birishiri Tourist Spot: Natural Lake
The district of Netrokona consists 3146 mosques, 958 temples, 83 churches and eight Buddhist temples.
- Rebecca Momin- Member of Parliament
- Bari Siddiqui - He was a Bangladeshi singer-songwriter, flutist and folk musician.
- Humayun Ahmed - Author, dramatist and film director.
- Dr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal - is a Bangladeshi author, physicist, professor and activist. He is a professor of computer science and engineering at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology.
- Nirmalendu Goon - Popular writer, Poet, painter.
- Helal Hafiz - Popular Writer and Poet.
- Ahsan Habib- Writer, Cartoonist
- Lutfozzaman Babar - State Minister of Home Affairs, Government of Bangladesh (2001-2006)
- Mustafa Jabbar - President of Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS), President of Bangladesh Computer Samity
- Late Jalal Uddin Talukdar - popular figure and politician of Netrokona district. Several times Member of Parliament from Netrakona-1 (Durgapur, Kalmakanda)
- Mustaque Ahmed Ruhi - popular figure and politician of Netrokona district.
- Late Prof. Mujibur Rahman - was a prominent educationalist and popular figure of this district
- Kazi Ashfick Rasel - Popular figure, politician and well known Social activist of this district