|• MLA||N Bhaskar Rao|
|• Total||109,891 |
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1000:995 ♂/♀|
Miryalaguda is a city in Nalgonda district of the Indian state of Telangana. Government of India announced Miryalaguda to be developed under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme.
Miryalguda or Miryalaguda is located at  It has an average elevation of 105 metres (344 ft). It is around 140 km from Hyderabad/160 km from Vijayawada,120 km from guntur,180 km from Warangal..
As of 2011[update] census, Miryalaguda had a population of 103,855. The total population constitute, 52,048 males and 51,807 females —a sex ratio of 995 females per 1000 males. 10,435 children are in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 82.09% with 76,693 literates, significantly higher than the district average of 64.20%.
Telugu is the language spoken by the majority in Miryalaguda. Major Hindu festivals celebrated in the region are Sankranti, Ugadi, Vinayaka Chavithi, Holi, Sri Krishna Janmashtami, Dasara, Deepavali and Maha Sivaratri. Apart from these, regional festivals like Bathkamma and Bonalu are also celebrated.Muslims celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan (ninth month of the Islamic calendar) Milad-un-Nabi (Mawlid) and Muharram (Day of Ashura) and Christians celebrate Christmas and Good Friday.
The railway station is situated on the Nadikudi-Pagidipalli section. The rail is an unelectrified, single line. State highway 2 passes through Miryalaguda. It is connected to the state capital, Hyderabad, by NH9 and SH2. it has good bus facility for Hyderabad and warangal.
Water from Left canal of Nagarjuna Sagar makes Miryalguda and its surroundings green and commercially rich.It has become the most congested town in the district as a result of new settlers and rapid expansion. The city has large number of rice mills which results in employment opportunities for thousands of people. Simultaneously there is huge pollution of air due to the dust coming from those rice mills.
Miryalguda is famous for the paddy growth and it is listed among the top 5 paddy markets in Telangana. The new agriculture market is the largest in Telangana, with a size of 45 acres. It also has famous F.C.I (Food Corporation Of India)near to the chinthapally village.
- "Official Site of Miryalaguda Municipality". miryalagudamunicipality.in. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "District Census Handbook - Nalgonda" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "AP identifies 31, Telangana 15 cities under AMRUT scheme". Eenadu English Portal.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Mirialguda.html".
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)". Official Portal of Telangana Government. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Miryalaguda - town, mandal headquarter".
- "Miryalaguda". Mygola.com.
- "About mlg". MIRYALAGUDA.
|This article about a location in Nalgonda district, Telangana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|