This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
||Look up Mantis or mantis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mantis is the common name of any insect in the order Mantodea, also commonly known as praying mantises.
Mantis may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Mantis (genus), a genus of mantises
- Mantis shrimp, also known as stomatopods, predatory crustaceans
- Mantispidae or mantis-flies, small predatory insects whose front legs are similar to those of a praying mantis
- MANTIS, "Main-belt Asteroid and NEO Tour with Imaging and Spectroscopy", a proposed NASA spacecraft that would flyby multiple asteroids.
Arts and entertainment
- Mantis (album), a 2009 studio album by progressive rock/jam band Umphrey's McGee
Film and television
- Jeremy Coney, former New Zealand cricket captain's nicknamed "The Mantis"
- Cagn, a god of the San of southern Africa, who often takes the shape of a praying mantis
- Mantis (roller coaster), a former stand-up roller coaster at Cedar Point
- Marcos Mantis, a British sports car
- Mantis, the ancient Greek word for seer or soothsayer, one cognizant of the will of divinity, which he learns through divination