- This list is incomplete. You can help by expanding it
This is a list of many lists of countries and territories by various definitions, including FIFA countries, federations, and fictional countries. A country or territory is a geographical area, either in the sense of nation (a cultural entity) or state (a political entity).
The characteristics of the human population:
Map of amount of exports per country
The production, distribution and consumption of goods and services:
Gross domestic product
The value of goods and services produced within a country:
The physical, chemical, and biotic factors that act upon an ecosystem:
The Earth and its features:
Military spending in percent of GDP 2014
The label for the country:
The process by which groups, often governments, make decisions:
- ^ The Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, with online updates as of September 2008. Entry "1. country"
"Freedom on the Net 2018" (PDF). Freedom House. November 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- ^ OpenNet Initiative "Summarized global Internet filtering data spreadsheet", 8 November 2011 and "Country Profiles", the OpenNet Initiative is a collaborative partnership of the Citizen Lab at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto; the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University; and the SecDev Group, Ottawa
- ^ Due to legal concerns the OpenNet Initiative does not check for filtering of child pornography and because their classifications focus on technical filtering, they do not include other types of censorship.
- ^ "Internet Enemies", Enemies of the Internet 2014: Entities at the heart of censorship and surveillance, Reporters Without Borders (Paris), 11 March 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- ^ Internet Enemies Archived 2012-03-23 at the Wayback Machine, Reporters Without Borders (Paris), 12 March 2012