This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
List of political scandals in France
This is a list of major political scandals in France:
- 1816 - shipwreck of and search for French frigate Medusa off the west coast of Africa.
- 1847 - Teste-Cubières corruption scandal, revealed in May 1847
- 1847 - Charles de Choiseul-Praslin's suicide after having murdered his wife, daughter of Horace Sébastiani, Minister of the July Monarchy.
- 1880s - Boulanger Affair
- 1887 - Schnaebele incident
- 1887 - Wilson scandalPresident Jules Grévy
, which led to the resignation of
- 1890s - Panama scandals
- 1894 - the Dreyfus Affair, treason conviction of Alfred Dreyfus - exposed by writer Émile Zola on January 13, 1898.
- 1928 - Marthe Hanau affair
- 1930 - Albert Oustric affair
- 1934 - the Stavisky Affair, embezzlement and political corruption.
- 1949 - the Generals Affair, a political-military scandal during the First Indochina War.
- 1950 - the Henri Martin Affair, a political-military scandal during the First Indochina War.
- 1958 - the ballets roses, a scandal most notably involving then President of the Senate, André Le Troquer, in which a group of girls aged 15 to 17 performed "ballets" that ended in orgies.
Under the Fifth Republic