This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
List of former theatres in London
This is a partial list of former theatres in London.
Former theatres in London
English Renaissance theatres
This covers the period from the establishment of the first Tudor playhouses, through to their closure by Parliament at the beginning of the English Civil War in 1642.
Post Renaissance former London theatres
Former music halls
- "Theatres", Pictorial Handbook of London, London: Henry G. Bohn, 1854
- "Theatres", London and its Environs (6th ed.), Leipsic: Karl Baedeker, 1887
- William Biggs Boulton (1901), Amusements of Old London, London: J. C. Nimmo, OCLC 382918
- Henry Barton Baker (1904), History of the London Stage and its Famous Players (1576-1903), London: Routledge
- Walter Besant (1904), "Theatres", London in the Time of the Tudors, Survey of London, London: A. & C. Black
- "Theatres", Brief Guide to London, London: D.H. Evans & Co., 1908, OCLC 21996391
- Findlay Muirhead, ed. (1922), "Theatres", London and its Environs, Blue Guides (2nd ed.), London: Macmillan & Co., OCLC 365061
- Diana Howard (1970), London theatres and music halls, 1850-1950, London: Library Association, ISBN 0853654719