This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
List of colonial governors in 1896
This is a list of the governors of colonies, protectorates, or other dependencies in 1896. Where applicable, native rulers are also listed.
- Angola –
- Álvaro Ferreira, Governor-General of Angola (1893–1896)
- Gilherme Auguste de Brito Capelo, Governor-General of Angola (1896–1897)
- Malta Colony – Arthur Fremantle, Governor of Malta (1893–1899)
- Colony of Natal – Sir Walter Hely-Hutchinson (1893–1901)
- New South Wales – Viscount Hampden, Governor of New South Wales (1895–1899)
- North-Eastern Rhodesia – Patrick William Forbes, Administrator of North-Eastern Rhodesia (1895–1897)
- Queensland – Charles Cochrane-Baillie, Governor of Queensland (1896 - 31 December 1900 then State Governor on Australia's Federation to 1901)
- Royal Niger Company – Sir George Taubman Goldie, Governor of the Royal Niger Company (1895–1900)
- Tasmania – Jenico Preston, Lord Gormanston, Governor of Tasmania (1893–1900)
- South Australia – Sir Thomas Buxton, Governor of South Australia (1895–1899)
- Victoria – Thomas, Earl Brassey, Governor of Victoria (1895–1900)
- Western Australia – Lieutenant-Colonel Gerard Smith, Governor of Western Australia (1895–1900)