Lanham is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Prince George's County, Maryland. As of the 2010 United States Census it had a population of 10,157. The New Carrollton station (the terminus of the Washington Metro's Orange Line) as well as an Amtrak station are across the Capital Beltway in New Carrollton, Maryland. Doctors Community Hospital is located in Lanham.
The Thomas J. Calloway House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Lanham has a total area of 3.6 square miles (9.2 km2), of which 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.05 km2), or 0.54%, is water.
Government and infrastructure
Prince George's County Police Department District 2 Station in Brock Hall CDP, with a Bowie postal address, serves the community.
The U.S. Postal Service operates the Lanham Seabrook Post Office in Lanham CDP.
Prince George's County Public Schools serves Lanham CDP.
Residents of the CDP are divided between James McHenry Elementary School and Seabrook Elementary School. All residents are zoned to Thomas Johnson Middle School and DuVal High School.
There is a private Catholic school, Academy of Saint Matthias the Apostle.
Other area schools:
- Elementary schools
- Catherine T. Reed Elementary School
- Gaywood Elementary School
- Magnolia Elementary School
- Robert Goddard Montessori School
- Middle schools
EdTech company 2U (Nasdaq: REVU), Shoppers Food & Pharmacy, reverse logistics company Optoro, software company Vocus, media company Radio One and publisher Rowman & Littlefield are based in Lanham.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lanham, Maryland
- ^ "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ^ "Doctors Community Hospital". Doctors Community Hospital website. Doctors Community Hospital. 2009-01-29.
- ^ National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- ^ "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lanham CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- ^ "District 2 Station - Bowie." Prince George's County Police Department. Retrieved on September 9, 2018. "District 2 Station - Bowie 601 SW Crain Highway Bowie, MD 20715 ". Beat map. 2010 U.S. Census Bureau index map of Brock Hall CDP as well as the detail on Page 1.
- ^ "LANHAM SEABROOK." U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved on September 11, 2018. "9801 LANHAM SEVERN RD LANHAM, MD 20706-9998"
- ^ a b c "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Lanham CDP, MD." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- ^ "NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- ^ "NEIGHBORHOOD MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- ^ "NEIGHBORHOOD HIGH SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on September 1, 2018.
- ^ Home. Academy of Saint Matthias the Apostle. Retrieved on September 1, 2018. "9473 Annpolis [sic] Road, Lanham, MD 20706"