The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (Malay: Pusat Konvensyen Kuala Lumpur) is a convention and exhibition centre at Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is part of the KLCC development.
The Convention Centre hosts conferences, exhibitions, seminars, meetings, and entertainment events. The building was designed with Modernist and Postmodern architectural elements.
The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (the Centre) is Asia’s only AIPC (International Association of Congress Centres) Gold Standard venue.
The facility offers 22,659sqm of function space, including two auditoria; 3000-seat Plenary Hall and Plenary Theatre for 470; a Grand Ballroom which seats 2,000 diners, Banquet Hall for 500, three Conference Halls, six Exhibition Halls (12,310 sqm of column-free exhibition space on a single level including a 2,600 sqm standalone marquee) and 23 meeting rooms.
Major past events at the Convention Centre
- 67th MDA/FDI International Dental Convention & Trade Exhibition 2010 (2200 delegates)
- XVIII FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO)(8,294 delegates), 2006
- 12th APLAR Congress Of Rheumatology 2006 (2,026 delegates)
- 6th Asian & Oceanian Epilepsy Congress 2006(1,000 delegates)
- The 11th ASEAN Summit 2005
- Pikom PC Fair (Held 3 times a year)
- 3rd International Asia Pacific Society of Infection Control (APSIC) 2007 (1,600 delegates)
- Scientific Excellence in Islamic Civilisation Exhibition 2007
- 39th ASEAN Ministerial Meeting 2007
- 16th World Congress on Information Technology 2008
- 13th International Congress of Infectious Diseases 2008
- My Fair Lady the Musical 2007
- Chicago the Musical 2007
- Beauty and the Beast the Musical 2008
- Comic Fiesta (annually)
- 68th MDA/FDI International Dental Convention & Trade Exhibition 2010 (2500 delegates)
- 6th World Chambers Congress (3–5 June 2009, 1,000 delegates)
- Stem Cells and Immunity Conference (1–3 October 2009, 700 delegates)
- Asia Pacific Digestive Week (19–22 September 2010, 1,500 delegates)
- International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (14–17 October 2010)
- 10th International Conference on Low Vision (VISION 2011) (21–24 February 2011, 3,000 delegates)
- 18th Asian Pacific Congress of Cardiology (7–10 April 2011, 2,000 delegates)
- 22nd Pacific Science Congress (13–17 June 2011)
- The 2nd International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (14–17 Oct 2010)
- Asia's No.1 Water and Wastewater Industry Event (27–29 March 2012)
- 102nd Rotary International Conference (3,000 Delegates)
- 2013 Global Entrepreneurship Summit (11–12 October 2013)
- EAGE/FESM Joint Regional Conference Petrophysics Meets Geoscience (17–18 February 2014)
- IECEX 2014 - February 2014
- 2015 Global Round of the World Scholar's Cup (3000 participants)
- 2015, 128th IOC Session, where the IOC elected the host city of the 2022 Winter Olympics
- Ed Sheeran - x Tour (16 March 2015)
- 5 Seconds of Summer - Sounds Live Feels Live World Tour (2 March 2016)
- 2018 Global Round of the World Scholar's Cup (4100 participants)
- Mariah Carey - Number 1's Tour (16 October 2018)
- Why Don't We - 8 Letters World Tour (14 November 2019)
KLCC provided facilities:
- Plenary Hall
- Multi tier lyric style theatre with lower stalls and an upper tier providing capacity for up to 3,000 persons
- Primarily designed to be used for keynote sessions, opening ceremonies, concerts, product launches and graduation ceremonies
- Plenary Theatre
- Located on Level 3, the Plenary Theatre is a smaller auditorium-style venue with 470 seats and includes dedicated VIP seating
- Primarily designed to be used for plenary sessions, townhalls, and smaller conferences or productions
- Exhibition Halls
- There are 6 exhibition halls providing 12,310 sqm of column-free exhibition space on a single level.
- Located on Ground level
- Mainly used for exhibitions, banqueting, and large cocktail receptions as well as sporting and entertainment events
- Conference Halls
- There are three conference halls which can be combined in multiple configurations to form larger rooms
- Fitted with rear projection plus audio-visual equipment and stage lighting
- Primarily designed to be used for plenary sessions, banquets, product launches and private functions
- There are two ballrooms which can be combined to form a single larger room
- Banquet Hall
- Designed for banquet functions of up to 740 people
- Meeting Rooms
- The 23 meeting rooms are located on levels 3 and 4
- Many rooms can be combined to form larger meeting rooms
Additional facilities include prayer rooms, ATMs, Cafes, Parent rooms, and car park.
Since opening in June 2005, through to 31 March 2017, the Centre has hosted over 12,276 events, bringing into Kuala Lumpur over 20.9 million delegates and visitors. Of these delegates and visitors, 7% were international/regional.
The convention centre is accessible within walking distance south of KJ10 KLCC LRT Station. The interchanges to AKLEH , Jalan Ampang B31 and Jalan Tun Razak are nearby.