This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
Japan National Route 7
National Route 7 (国道7号 Kokudō Nanagō) is an important north-south highway on the Sea of Japan side of the island of Honshū, Japan. It links the prefectural capitals of Niigata, Akita, and Aomori. 
- Length: 481 km (299 mi)
- Origin: Chuo-ku, Niigata (originates at junction with Routes 8, 17, 49, 113 and 116)
- Terminus: Aomori (ends at Junction with Routes 4 and 45)
- Major cities: Shibata, Murakami, Tsuruoka, Sakata, Yurihonjo, Akita, Noshiro, Odate, Hirosaki
Route 7 traces about the same route as parts of the Edo period's Ushū Hama Kaidō and Ushū Kaidō.
- 1952-12-04 - First Class National Highway 7 (from Niigata to Aomori)
- 1965-04-01 - General National Highway 7 (from Niigata to Aomori)
- ^ 一般国道７号 (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Tohoku Regional Development Bureau. Retrieved 2010-12-04.