|• Body||Major Gram panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
It is located east side of the city Hyderabad, India. The town has many residential townships. It is on the National Highway 202. Ghatkesar Mandal is home to Singapore Township. Ghatkesar is a growing residential and commercial suburban area due to presence of IT/ITES companies.
- Ghatkesar is located at  It has an average elevation of 469 metres (1541 feet). .
- Ghatkesar is one of the main mandals in Rangareddy district.
- Postal code for Ghatkesar is 501301 & Singapore Township is 500088.
- STD code for Ghatkesar is 08415 or +918415.
- Ghatkesar is well known for the Gattu Maisamma Temple near Bypass road in the town.
- There's also Lord Venkateshwara Temple, Lord Hanuman temple and Geeta Mandir on kareemguda road.
- Lord Ranga Nayaka Swamy Temple, very famous temple is located in Edulabad village that is less than 10 km from Ghatkesar.
- Ramalayam and Shivalayam are located in Nfc Nagar colony which is 2 km from Ghatkesar.
- Ghatkesar town is well connected to different parts of the cities.
- The town is well connected to ECIL, Keesara, Tarnaka, Sainikpuri, BibiNagar, Bhongir, Hayathnagar and many other remote areas.
- Railway station is 500ms from Ghatkesar bus stand and connects with local trains and some passenger trains that can take passengers to Secunderabad, Warangal, Guntur, Repalle, Nalgonda, Miryalaguda etc.
- There are various mini taxis and auto options available
- Green vacations & Adventure tours located in Ghatkesar.
Many Banks have their Presence in the area
- State Bank of Hyderabad, Andhra Bank, ICICI Bank, Union Bank of India, South Indian Bank, HDFC Bank, Corporation Bank.
- Outer Ring Road passes through Ghatkesar.
- New four way road from Ghatkesar To Yadagiri Gutta.
- The shopping area has big shopping malls like krishna shopping mall anAC super market. There is a cinema theater called Jagadamba 70mm AC , which is on ghatkesar-keesara roadand is visited by students and residents.
- Brooke Bond (3 Roses, Taj Mahal, Taaza, Red Label) tea powder factory is located in Ghatkesar behind Ghatkesar railway station.Brooke Bond & Company was founded by Arthur Brooke who was born at 6 George Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England in 1845.
In 1903, Brooke Bond launched Red Label in India.First factory in India was at Ghatkesar in Hyderabad Deccan. Brooke Bond Workers Union is affiliated to it with Mulli Anjaneyulu Yadav as its president with around 1000 employees. the union established a school called Brooke bond karmika sangham high school for education of there children. It closed its operations in 2010 as per private industries act.
- Kitti Steels is a steel factory located here.
- Dano Chemicals is a chemical factory manufacturing medicines.
Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd., situated at Jodimetla X Roads, Chowdaryguda village, Ghatkeasr Mandal, RR Dist - 500088 founded in 1984, is focused on rail transportation. Since inception, Medha has used Research and Development as a tool for success and today we are proud to be known for our product range, domain knowledge, design expertise, quality and manufacturing capabilities. Starting from humble beginning, over the last 30 years our company has grown to employ over 2000 talented people whose commitment has led to a sales revenue of INR 6.24 billion (approximately USD 100 million) for the year 2014-15, with the revenues growing at the rate of 43% year over year for the past ten years. Medha’s vision is to become world leader in railway products and to achieve this we specialise in three areas, Control Electronics, Power Electronics and safety critical Signalling.
There are more than 50 secondary Government schools, 8 Upper Primary schools and 12 Primary schools. there are more than 9100 School students are Studying in Ghatkesar Mandal.
There are many Good Private Schools in the area such as:
- St Anthony's high school
- Vignan school
- Shree Vidyaniketan international school
- SPR school
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- BMRS Grammar school
- Pudami school
- SR DIGI school
- Narayana concept school
- Ghatkesar Model High School
- Holy Faith Grammar High School
Also there are more than 50 engineering colleges are in this Area. The following are some important educational institutions:
- Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology
- Vignana Bharathi Institute of Technology
- Anurag College of Engineering, Aushapur
- ACE Engineering college
- Anurag Group of Institution
- Nalla Narasimha Reddy Education Society’s Group of Institutions
- CVSR College of Engineering
- Princeton college of Engineering and Technology
- Krishna Murthy Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Kommumuri Patap reddy Institute of Technology
- Vignans Institute of management and technology for Women,
- Priyadarshini Institute of Technology and Management
- Samskruthi Engineering college
- Ghatkesar railway station is in the Secunderabad-Kazipet section of South Central Railway, Indian Railways.
- Ghatkesar is rapidly developing. Presently Infosys spread in 460 acres of land and recruiting nearly 50,000 employees in which 8500 employers already working.
- Not only this but also Axis Bank and Accenture have started their operations in Ghatkesar. Bajaj Allianz, Omnitech, Inventure, IBM and Genpact have announced their projects at Raheja IT SEZ in the area and recruiting 25000 employers in coming year.
- Ghatkesar has topped the fastest growing mandal list of Telangana state (ranked #4) with a decadal population growth record of 112%.
- Ankushapur (village and panchayat)
- Aushapur (village and panchayat)
- Boduppal (village and panchayat)
- Chengicherla (village and panchayat)
- Chowderguda (village and panchayat)
- Edulabad (village and panchayat)
- Ghanpur (village and panchayat)
- Ghatkesar (panchayat and mandal headquarters)
- Ismailkhanguda (village and panchayat)
- Kachivani Singaram (village and panchayat)
- Kondapur (village and panchayat)
- Korremula (village and panchayat)
- Medipally (village and panchayat)
- N.F.C.Nagar (village and panchayat)
- Narapally (village and panchayat)
- Parvathapur (village and panchayat)
- Peerzadiguda (village and panchayat)
- Pocharam (village and panchayat)
- Pratap Singaram (village and panchayat)
- Venkatapur (village and panchayat)
- Yamnampet (village and panchayat).
- Bokkanigudem (Hamlet village).
- Chandupatlagudem (Hamlet village).
Nearby cities and Towns
- Kukatpally 39.2 km,
- Bhongir 26.6 km,
- Mehdipatnam 30.4 km,
- RGIA Shamshabad Airport through Outer Ring Road 57.3 km,
- Quthbullapur 30.8 km,
- Uppal kalan 16.6 km,
- Malkajgiri 21.00 km,
- Balapur 30.6 km,
- Yadagiri Gutta Temple 41 km.
- LB Nagar 21.8;km
- Shamirpet 27.3 km
- Ramoji film city 32 km
- Pochampally 24 km.
- "Pin code of Ghatkesar Hyderabad". citypincode.in. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- Falling Rain Genomics. Ghatkesar
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier