Ghatkesar Railway Station
|• Body||Major Gram panchayat|
|• Total||13.83 km2 (5.34 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Ghatkesar is a suburb in the Medchal district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the mandal headquarters of Ghatkesar mandal in Keesara revenue division. It also a part of Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority.
Ghatkesar is located at .
Town has notable engineering colleges that include, Kommuri Pratap Reddy Institute Of Technology, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Nalla Narasimha Reddy Education Society’s Group of Institutions, and CVSR College of Engineering.
Town also has a railway station, which is on the Secunderabad–Kazipet line, that comes under South Central Railway of Indian Railways. Ghatkesar has topped the fourth fastest growing mandal in population growth, with a decadal population growth record of 112%.
- "District Census Handbook – Karimnagar" (PDF). Census of India. p. 58. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Medchal−Malkajgiri district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Geetanath, V. (9 May 2014). "For a well oiled public transport". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "HMDA list of villages" (PDF). Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority. p. 3. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Ghatkesar, India Page". www.fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ghatkesar.|