Notes:Premenopausal women produce about 230 ± 70 μg testosterone per day (6.4 ± 2.0 mg testosterone per 4 weeks), with a range of 130 to 330 μg per day (3.6–9.2 mg per 4 weeks). Footnotes:a = Mostly discontinued or unavailable. b = Over-the-counter. Sources: See template.
Potencies and durations of natural estrogens by intramuscular injection
^ abcdGeburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde: Ergebnisse der Forschung für die Praxis. Georg Thieme Verlag. 1969. p. 387,390. [Kelly and Primose and Dodek found the following androgen-estrogen combination to be particularly effective and well-tolerated: 300 mg 3-benzilic acid hydrazone-testosterone-17-enanthate, 15 mg estradiol di-enanthate, 6 mg estradiol benzoate in 2 ml corn oil. This product is sold in Germany under the name Lactimex and has been clinically examined by us.] [...] Of 1200 postpartum patients one quarter stopped breast feeding for a variety of reasons and received an injection of Lactimex (Protina: Benzil acid hydrazon-testosteron-oenanthat 300 mg, Oestradiol-di-oenanthat 15 mg and Oestradiol-benzoate 6 mg in 1.0 ml of oil). In 76% of cases one injection was sufficient and the remaining 24% required a second injection. A second injection was required rarer if the first injection had been longer after delivery. A higher dosage of Lactimex was not necessary in cases with a preceding medical induction with intraveinous Oxytocin (Orasthin). Mothers who had been treated postpartum with methylergobasin did not as often require a second injection. No localized or generalized adverse reaction to the drug was noticed.
^ abZentralblatt für Gynäkologie. J. A. Barth. 1971. The preparation Lactimex (300 mg 3-benzyl hydrazone-testosterone-17-enanthate + 15 mg estradiol-dienanthate + 6 mg estradiol benzoate in 2 ml corn oil) was injected. [...]
^Sherwin BB, Gelfand MM (March 1984). "Effects of parenteral administration of estrogen and androgen on plasma hormone levels and hot flushes in the surgical menopause". Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 148 (5): 552–7. doi:10.1016/0002-9378(84)90746-4. PMID6367474.
^Sherwin BB, Gelfand MM (January 1985). "Differential symptom response to parenteral estrogen and/or androgen administration in the surgical menopause". Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 151 (2): 153–60. doi:10.1016/0002-9378(85)90001-8. PMID3881960.
^ abcdeSherwin BB, Gelfand MM, Schucher R, Gabor J (February 1987). "Postmenopausal estrogen and androgen replacement and lipoprotein lipid concentrations". Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 156 (2): 414–9. doi:10.1016/0002-9378(87)90295-X. PMID3826177.
^ abcdSherwin, Barbara B.; Gelfand, Morrie M. (1987). "Individual differences in mood with menopausal replacement therapy: possible role of sex hormone-binding globulin". Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics & Gynecology. 6 (2): 121–131. doi:10.3109/01674828709016773. ISSN0167-482X.
^ abCompendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties. Canadian Pharmaceutical Association. 1983. ISBN978-0-919115-04-0. LACTOSTAT [...] Each 2 mL of injectable solution contains testosteorne enanthate benzilic acid hydrazone 300 mg, estradiol dienanthate 15 mg, estradiol benzoate 6 mg, benzyl alcohol 7.5% as preservative, benzyl benzoate 0.75 mg, corn oil q.s. Available in 2 mL ampuls, boxes of 25.