This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
Deaths in 2017
This is a chronology of deaths in 2017. Names are reported under the date of death. Names under each date are reported in alphabetical order by surname or pseudonym.
A typical entry reports information in the following sequence:
- Name, age, country of citizenship at birth, subsequent country of citizenship (if applicable), reason for notability, cause of death (if known), and reference.
- Rich Fisher, 67, American news anchor (WJBK), esophageal cancer.
- Stepan Mikoyan, 94, Soviet test pilot (RSK MiG).
- Avraham Sharir, 84, Israeli diplomat and politician, Minister of Tourism (1981–1988) and Justice (1986–1988).
- Peter Shotton, 75, British washboardist (The Quarrymen) and businessman (Fatty Arbuckle's, Apple Corps), suspected heart attack.
- Avo Uvezian, 91, Lebanese-born American jazz pianist and cigar manufacturer.
- Lola Albright, 92, American actress (Champion, Peter Gunn).
- Ashokamitran, 85, Indian writer.
- Mirella Bentivoglio, 94, Italian artist.
- John W. Darrah, 78, American judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (since 2000).
- Serge Doubrovsky, 88, French author.
- Meir Einstein, 65, Israeli sports broadcaster (Channel 10).
- William H. Keeler, 86, American Roman Catholic cardinal, Bishop of Harrisburg (1983–1989), Archbishop of Baltimore (1989–2007).
- Clay Matthews Sr., 88, American football player (San Francisco 49ers).
- Denis McGrath, 48, American-Canadian television writer and producer (Continuum, The Border, Republic of Doyle).
- Ian Robinson, 91, Australian politician, member of the Australian House of Representatives for Cowper (1963–1984) and Page (1984–1990).
- Ahmad Taufik, 51, Indonesian journalist, lung cancer.
- Cino Tortorella, 89, Italian television presenter (Zecchino d'Oro).
- Denis Voronenkov, 45, Russian politician, member of the State Duma (2011–2016), shot.
- Mohammad Baalbaki, 96, Lebanese journalist.
- Andy Coogan, 99, Scottish author and World War II veteran.
- John Derrick, 54, Welsh cricketer (Glamorgan), brain tumour.
- Dallas Green, 82, American baseball player, manager (Philadelphia Phillies, New York Mets) and executive (Chicago Cubs), kidney failure and pneumonia.
- Pete Hamilton, 74, American racecar driver, winner of the 1970 Daytona 500.
- Sib Hashian, 67, American drummer (Boston).
- Vince Jones, 46, American bounty hunter and reality television personality (Big Rig Bounty Hunters), suspected heart attack.
- Sven-Erik Magnusson, 74, Swedish musician (Sven-Ingvars), prostate cancer.
- Khalid Masood, 52, British terrorist (2017 Westminster attack), shot.
- Tomas Milian, 84, Cuban-born Italian actor (The Big Gundown, Traffic, Amistad), stroke.
- Agustí Montal Costa, 82, Spanish economist and businessman, President of FC Barcelona (1969–1977).
- Ronnie Moran, 83, English football player and coach (Liverpool F.C.).
- Lembit Ulfsak, 69, Estonian actor (Tangerines).
- Chuck Barris, 87, American television producer, game show creator, host (The Gong Show, The Dating Game), and songwriter ("Palisades Park").
- Colin Dexter, 86, English author (Inspector Morse series).
- Henri Emmanuelli, 71, French politician, President of National Assembly (1993–1994), complications from acute bronchitis.
- August Englas, 92, Estonian wrestler, world champion (1953, 1954).
- Roy Fisher, 86, British poet and jazz pianist.
- Larry Highbaugh, 67, Canadian football player (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Inao Jiro, 48, Indonesian music manager (JKT48), suicide by hanging.
- Betty Kennedy, 91, Canadian broadcaster (CFRB), Senator (2000–2001) and TV panelist (Front Page Challenge).
- Jerry Krause, 77, American basketball executive (Chicago Bulls).
- Scott McGilvray, 51, American politician, New Hampshire Senator (since 2016).
- Martin McGuinness, 66, Northern Irish PIRA commander and politician; deputy First Minister of the Northern Ireland Legislative Assembly (2007–2017), MLA (1998–2017), and abstentionist MP (1997–2013), complications from amyloidosis.
- Bill Rompkey, 80, Canadian politician, Senator from Newfoundland and Labrador (1995-2011).
- József Szécsényi, 85, Hungarian discus thrower.
- Govind Talwalkar, 92, Indian journalist and editor (Maharashtra Times).
- Jaye Walton, 88, Australian television host.
- José Zardón, 93, Cuban baseball player (Washington Senators).
- W. Knox Chandler, 83, American physiologist.
- Andy Coan, 59, American swimmer, liver cancer.
- Terence Finlay, 79, Canadian Anglican prelate, Metropolitan of Ontario and Archbishop of Toronto (2000-2004).
- Shuntaro Hida, 100, Japanese physician, complications from pneumonia.
- Buck Hill, 90, American jazz saxophonist.
- David Lawrence, 58, American basketball player (McNeese State, Pallacanestro Trieste, Saski Baskonia).
- Edward Joseph McManus, 97, American politician and jurist, Lieutenant Governor of Iowa (1959–1961), member of the District Court for N.D. Iowa (since 1962), longest-serving federal judge.
- Leticia Ramos-Shahani, 87, Filipino politician, member of the Senate (1987–1998) and President pro tempore (1993–1996), complications from colon cancer and pneumonia.
- Poddutoori Ganga Reddy, 83, Indian politician, MP (1967–1970, 1971–1977).
- Chandler Robbins, 98, American ornithologist.
- David Rockefeller, 101, American banker (Chase Manhattan), globalist (Trilateral Commission) and philanthropist (Rockefeller Brothers Fund), heart failure.
- Amri Rohayat, 49, Malaysian screenwriter and producer, pancreatic cancer.
- Robert B. Silvers, 87, American editor (New York Review of Books).
- Tony Terran, 90, American trumpeter and session musician.
- George Weinberg, 87, American psychologist, coined the term "homophobia".
- Zubaida Gulshan Ara, 74, Bangladeshi writer, recipient of the Ekushey Padak (1995).
- Jimmy Breslin, 88, American journalist and author (New York Daily News, Newsday), recipient of the Pulitzer Prize (1986), complications from pneumonia.
- Mary Maples Dunn, 85, American historian.
- Ivan Grubišić, 80, Croatian Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, and MP (2011–2015).
- Li Li-Hua, 92, Hong Kong actress.
- Ryan McBride, 27, Irish footballer (Derry City).
- John Jeremiah McRaith, 82, American Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Owensboro (1982–2009).
- Len Mitzel, 71, Canadian politician, MLA (2004–2012).
- Chinu Modi, 78, Indian poet, multiple organ failure.
- Pyarimohan Mohapatra, 77, Indian politician, MP (2010–2016).
- Sir Brian Ohlson, 3rd Baronet, 80, British aristocrat.
- Tomiko Okazaki, 73, Japanese politician.
- Roger Pingeon, 76, French racing cyclist, Tour de France winner (1967), heart attack.
- Pyotr PrusovLADA 4x4).
, 75, Russian car designer (
- Bob Robertson, 71, Canadian comedian (Double Exposure).
- Ken Still, 82, American professional golfer.
- Tom Amberry, 94, American podiatrist.
- Chuck Berry, 90, American Hall of Fame rock and roll guitarist, singer and songwriter ("Johnny B. Goode", "Maybellene", "Roll Over Beethoven"), heart attack.
- George E. Bria, 101, American journalist (Associated Press).
- Trisha Brown, 80, American choreographer and dancer.
- Eugene Crum Foshee, 79, American politician.
- Sergei Gimayev, 62, Russian ice hockey player (CSKA Moscow) and television sports presenter.
- Gerry Gimelstob, 66, American basketball coach (George Washington Colonials).
- Don Hunstein, 88, American photographer.
- Joe Mafela, 75, South African actor (Zulu, Shout at the Devil, Escape from Angola).
- J. Donald Monan, 92, American academic administrator, President of Boston College (1972–1996).
- Ashwin Sundar, 31, Indian racing driver, car fire.
- Alfred Tibor, 97, Hungarian-born American sculptor and Holocaust survivor.
- Miloslav Vlk, 84, Czech Roman Catholic cardinal, Archbishop of Prague (1991–2010), cancer.
- Bernie Wrightson, 68, American illustrator and comic book artist (House of Mystery, Batman, Swamp Thing), brain cancer.
- Robert Day, 94, British television and film director (The Green Man, First Man into Space, The Rebel).
- Auntie Fee, 59, American Internet personality and actress (Barbershop: The Next Cut), heart attack.
- Anatoli Grigoryan
, 75, Armenian artist.
- Hugh Hardy, 84, American architect.
- Maureen Haughey, 91, Irish political figure.
- Peter Kwong, 76, Taiwanese-American sociologist.
- Léonard Legault, 82, Canadian diplomat, Ambassador to the Holy See (1993–1997).
- George Lewith, 67, British medical researcher.
- Lawrence Montaigne, 86, American actor (The Great Escape, Star Trek, Escape to Witch Mountain).
- Nadia Nazier, 34, Pakistani runner, traffic collision.
- Dan Rowe, 67, American sports broadcaster (Minnesota Vikings), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Norbert Sander, 74, American long-distance runner, winner of the New York City Marathon (1974).
- Laurynas Stankevičius, 81, Lithuanian politician, Prime Minister (1996).
- Darrell Stanton, 63, American football player and film figure (Remember the Titans), traffic collision.
- Inomjon Usmonxo‘jayev, 86, Soviet politician, First Secretary of the Communist Party of Uzbekistan (1983–1988).
- Sir Derek Walcott, 87, Saint Lucian poet and playwright, laureate of the Nobel Prize in Literature (1992).
- Tony Barrow, 45, English rugby league player (Swinton Lions), cancer.
- George Braziller, 101, American literary publisher.
- James Cotton, 81, American blues harmonica player ("Hard Again"), pneumonia.
- K. R. Indira Devi, 65, Indian actress.
- Aleksander Einseln, 85, Estonian military officer, Commander of the Estonian Defence Forces (1993–1995).
- Solomon A. Goldstein, 93, American businessman and political activist, pulmonary failure.
- Torgny Lindgren, 78, Swedish writer, member of the Swedish Academy (since 1991).
- Hasyim Muzadi, 72, Indonesian Islamic scholar and cleric, Chairman of Nahdlatul Ulama (1999–2010).
- Gene Parseghian, 72, American talent agent (Daniel Day-Lewis, Eddie Redmayne, Olympia Dukakis), cancer.
- Lewis Rowland, 91, American neurologist, stroke.
- Youcef Touati, 27, French-born Algerian football player (Red Star), traffic collision.
- Skip Williamson, 72, American underground comix cartoonist (Snappy Sammy Smoot), complications of organ failure.
- Bob Bruce, 83, American baseball player (Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Atlanta Braves).
- Imre Dimény, 94, Hungarian agrarian engineer and politician, Minister of Agriculture and Food (1967–1975).
- Robert G. Dunn, 94, American politician.
- Job Durupt, 86, French politician, member of the National Assembly (1981–1988), mayor of Tomblaine (1971–2001).
- Phil Garland, 75, New Zealand folk musician.
- Russ Goetz, 86, American baseball umpire (American League).
- Aloysius Gordon, 85, British-based Jamaican jazz singer and cook involved in the Profumo affair.
- Laurent Laplante, 83, Canadian journalist.
- Michael Maule, 95, South African-born American ballet dancer and instructor.
- Wojciech Młynarski, 75, Polish poet, singer and songwriter.
- Enrique Morea, 92, Argentine tennis player, French Open (1950) and Pan Am Games (1951) champion.
- Sok An, 66, Cambodian politician, Deputy Prime Minister (since 2004) and MP (since 1993).
- Dave Stallworth, 75, American basketball player (New York Knicks, Baltimore/Capital Bullets).
- Bill Walsh, 55, American author and newspaper editor (The Washington Post), complications from bile duct cancer.
- Chris Williams, 36, American basketball player (Virginia Cavaliers, Sydney Kings).
- Ronald G. Witt, 84, American historian.
- Andrzej Biegalski, 64, Polish boxer.
- James Bigby, 61, American convicted murderer and Eighth Amendment plaintiff (Bigby v. Dretke), executed by lethal injection.
- Lillie Mae Bradford, 88, American civil rights activist.
- Ileana Ciuculete
, 59, Romanian folklore singer, cirrhosis.
- Temistocle Epaminonda, 65, Romanian documentarian, cancer.
- Dara Fitzpatrick, 45, Irish Coast Guard helicopter pilot, helicopter crash.
- Jack H. Harris, 98, American film producer (The Blob).
- Arleene Johnson, 93, Canadian baseball player (AAGPBL).
- Nitin Kapoor, 58, Indian film producer.
- Luigi Mannelli, 78, Italian water polo player, Olympic champion (1960).
- Jim McAnearney, 81, Scottish football player (Plymouth Argyle) and manager (Rotherham United).
- Yelena Naimushina, 52, Russian gymnast, Olympic champion (1980).
- Luigi Pascale, 93, Italian aircraft designer (Partenavia P.68).
- Royal Robbins, 82, American rock climber.
- André Tosel, 75, French Marxist philosopher.
- Rodrigo Valdéz, 70, Colombian boxer, WBC middleweight champion.
- John Van de Kamp, 81, American politician and attorney, Los Angeles County District Attorney (1975–1981), California Attorney General (1983–1991).
- Tsunehiko Watase, 72, Japanese actor (The Incident).
- John Andariese, 78, American broadcaster (New York Knicks).
- Adib Boroumand, 92, Iranian poet and politician, Head of Leadership Council of National Front of Iran (since 2000).
- Eamonn Casey, 89, Irish Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Galway and Kilmacduagh (1976–1992).
- John Crutcher, 100, American politician, Lieutenant Governor of Kansas (1965–1969).
- Henri Cueco, 88, French painter and author (Conversations with My Gardener).
- David D'Amato, 55, American film subject (Tickled).
- Danehill Dancer, 24, Irish-bred racehorse, euthanized. (death announced on this date)
- Kika de la Garza, 89, American politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives (1965–1997), kidney failure.
- Morton Deutsch, 97, American social psychologist.
- Diphan, 45, Indian film director.
- Vincent Foy, 101, Canadian Roman Catholic cleric and theologian.
- Chris Greetham, 80, English cricketer (Somerset).
- Morihiro Hashimoto, 40, Japanese darts player.
- André Jagendorf, 90, American plant biologist.
- Sarah Jiménez, 90, Mexican artist.
- Maxx Kidd, 75, American singer, producer and go-go music pioneer.
- John Lever, 55, British drummer (The Chameleons).
- Tommy LiPuma, 80, American music producer.
- Dan Lucas, 31, English journalist, complications from a fall.
- Ali Moallem
, 54, Iranian film director, heart attack.
- Hiroto Muraoka, 85, Japanese footballer.
- Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, 82, German royal, head of the House of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal, 51, American author, ovarian cancer.
- Richard H. Solomon, 79, American political aide and diplomat, Ambassador to the Philippines (1992–1993), brain cancer.
- Dennis Stamp, 68, American professional wrestler (NWA, AWA), cancer.
- Jan Svoboda
, 82, Czech retrovirologist.
- Vida Hajebi Tabrizi, 81, Iranian political activist and writer.
- Dave Taylor, 76, English footballer (Yeovil Town).
- Alejandro Végh Villegas, 88, Uruguayan politician and diplomat.
- Dan Webb, 92, Australian television presenter. (death announced on this date)
- Ed Whitlock, 86, English-born Canadian long distance runner, prostate cancer.
- Joey Alves, 63, American guitarist (Y&T), complications from ulcerative colitis.
- Murray Ball, 78, New Zealand cartoonist (Footrot Flats).
- Luigi Barbarito, 94, Italian Roman Catholic prelate, Apostolic Nuncio (1969–1997).
- Pál Bodor
, 86, Hungarian writer, poet, journalist and translator.
- Anatoly Chernyaev, 95, Russian historian and writer.
- Horst Ehmke, 90, German politician, Minister of Justice (1969).
- Christian Feurstein, 58, Austrian abbot.
- Jacques Fihey, 85, French Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Coutances and Avranches (1989–2006).
- Sir Probyn Inniss, 80, Saint Kitts and Nevis lawyer, Governor of Saint Christopher and Nevis (1975–1981).
- Stavro Jabra, 70, Lebanese cartoonist.
- Sverre Bergh Johansen, 77, Norwegian diplomat, Ambassador to China (1994–1999).
- Petra Kandarr, 66, German sprinter, European champion (1969).
- Stanislava Kučerová, 88, Czech handball player and coach, 1957 World Champion.
- Patrick Nève, 67, Belgian racing driver (Formula One).
- Bhuma Nagi Reddy, 53, Indian politician, heart attack.
- Harvey Smith, 80, Canadian politician, Winnipeg City Council (1980–1986, 1998–2014), Manitoba Legislative Assembly (1986–1988).
- Kenneth Wickes, 93, Canadian actor, cancer.
- Lloyd Conover, 93, American scientist, inventor of tetracycline.
- Kitty Courbois, 79, Dutch actress (Leedvermaak), brain haemorrhage.
- Jean-Claude Étienne, 75, French politician.
- Evan Johns, 60, American guitarist (The LeRoi Brothers), complications from surgery.
- András Kovács, 91, Hungarian filmmaker.
- Lisa Magill, 35, Australian blogger, stomach cancer.
- Ángel Parra, 73, Chilean singer and songwriter, lung cancer.
- Winifred Piesse, 93, Australian politician.
- Mohamed Mijarul Quayes, 56, Bangladeshi diplomat, Ambassador to the United Kingdom (2012–2014) and Brazil (since 2014), multiple organ failure.
- Cheyyar Ravi, 54, Indian film and television director.
- André Rives
, 93, French rugby league player.
- Evangelia Samiotaki
, 81, Greek actress.
- R. L. Stockard, 92, American sportswriter, cancer.
- Tsui Hsiao-ping, 94, Taiwanese radio director.
- Peeter Tulviste
, 71, Estonian psychologist.
- Don Warden, 87, American country musician and manager (Dolly Parton).
- Manfred WeißBavaria (1999–2003).
, 72, German politician, Justice Minister of
- Tibor Ács
, 73, Hungarian actor.
- Bob Altman, 85, American comedian, leukemia.
- Pierre Bouteiller
, 82, French journalist.
- Dave Brazil, 80, American football coach (New York Giants).
- Absalón Castellanos Domínguez, 93, Mexican politician, Governor of Chiapas (1982–1988).
- Sir Nigel Cecil, 91, British Royal Navy officer, Lieutenant Governor of the Isle of Man (1980–1985).
- Frank D'Andrea, 85, American judge, Connecticut Superior Court (1993–2001).
- Mari Evans, 93, American poet.
- Carol Field, 76, American cookbook author, complications from a stroke.
- John Forgeham, 75, British actor (The Italian Job, Sheena, Footballers' Wives), complications from a fall.
- Christopher Gray, 66, American journalist and architectural historian.
- Tony Haygarth, 72, English actor (Chicken Run, Emmerdale, Dracula), Alzheimer's disease.
- Glyn Tegai Hughes, 94, Welsh academic and politician.
- Ben Jobe, 84, American college basketball coach (Southern, South Carolina State, Alabama A&M).
- Charles Wycliffe Joiner, 101, American federal judge.
- Gido Kokars, 95, Latvian conductor.
- Kafougouna Koné, 73, Malian politician.
- Bill Leak, 61, Australian editorial cartoonist, heart attack.
- Alain Levoyer, 76, French politician.
- Maurice Lusien, 90, French swimmer.
- Henri Minczeles
, 90, French journalist.
- Nikolay Minev, 85, Bulgarian chess player.
- Pere Mir i Puig
, 97, Spanish businessperson.
- Edvaldo Oliveira Souza
, 99, Brazilian politician.
- Aníbal Ruiz, 74, Uruguayan football manager (Paraguay), heart attack.
- Andreas Rybtsov
, 56, Ukrainian soldier.
- Joni Sledge, 60, American singer (Sister Sledge).
- Theo Sorg
, 87, German Protestant theologian and bishop.
- John Surtees, 83, British motorcycle racer, world champion (1956, 1958, 1959, 1960) and Formula One driver, world champion (1964), respiratory failure.
- Richard Wagamese, 61, Canadian author (Medicine Walk).
- Robert James Waller, 77, American writer (The Bridges of Madison County), multiple myeloma.
- Mick Adams, 65, English rugby league player (Widnes Vikings).
- Kasugafuji Akihiro, 51, Japanese sumo wrestler.
- Khadija Ben Arfa
, 67, Tunisian actress.
- Raphael Aslanyan
, 68, Russian artist.
- Armando Barbeito
, 94, Argentinian television producer.
- Ann Beach, 78, British actress (Fresh Fields).
- Branko Ćirlić
, 100, Serbian Slavic studies scholar and translator.
- Anthony Delhalle, 35, French motorcycle racer, fall during test ride.
- Pálma Gyimesi
, 94, Hungarian actress.
- Bill Hands, 76, American baseball player (Chicago Cubs).
- Barbara Helsingius, 79, Finnish singer, poet and Olympic fencer (1960).
- Sir Howard Hodgkin, 84, British painter and printmaker.
- Keith Holliday, 82, British rugby league player (Wakefield Trinity).
- Marian Jankowski
, 85, Polish sportsperson and weightlifter.
- Karl KorinekConstitutional Court.
, 76, Austrian law professor, president of the
- Tony Lorenzo, 30, American guitarist (Sons of Azrael).
- Hla Myint, 97, Burmese economist.
- Joseph Nicolosi, 70, American clinical psychologist, influenza complications.
- Samuel Ogbemudia, 84, Nigerian politician, Governor of Mid-Western State (1967–1975).
- Aldo Quaglio
, 85, French rugby union player.
- Alicia Quiroga
, 89, Chilean actress.
- Neila Sathyalingam, 78, Sri Lankan-born Singaporean dancer and choreographer.
- Jacqueline Naze Tjøtta
, 81, Norwegian mathematician.
- Anna Tramontano, 59, Italian computational biologist.
- Vasile Turcu
, 62, Romanian businessman, suicide by hanging.
- Robert Adeyinka Adebayo, 88, Nigerian politician and military officer.
- Ezzrett Anderson, 97, American football player (Calgary Stampeders).
- John Bansch, 81, American sports journalist (The Indianapolis Star).
- Gerard Benderoth, 48, American strongman and police officer, suicide by gunshot.
- Nikolai BonyaHero of Socialist Labour.
, 93, Ukrainian
- Sir Clive Bossom, 99, British politician, MP for Leominster (1959–1974).
- Slavko Brezoski, 94, Macedonian architect.
- Georgi Danailow
, 81, Bulgarian screenwriter.
- Lou Duva, 94, American boxing trainer and manager.
- Kim Bong-jo, 69, South Korean swimmer.
- Yuri Koroviansky, 49, Ukrainian volleyball player.
- Li Yuan-tsu, 93, Taiwanese politician, Vice President (1990–1996).
- Michael Maher, 87, Irish hurler (Tipperary).
- Danilo Mainardi, 83, Italian ethologist and author.
- Dmitry Mezhevich, 76, Russian actor and songwriter.
- Margaret Mitchell, 92, Canadian politician and social activist.
- Jonathan Moore, 84, American academic and State Department official, Director of the Bureau of Refugee Programs (1987–1989).
- Kōichirō Morita
, 91, Japanese physician.
- George Andrew Olah, 89, Hungarian-born American chemist, laureate of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry (1994).
- Jack Purtell, 95, Australian jockey.
- Nisa Rzayeva
, 80, Azerbaijani actress.
- Jonathan Strasser, 70, American violinist and conductor (Fame).
- Dave Valentin, 64, American jazz flautist, Parkinson's disease.
- André Vinas
, 91, French writer.
- Yoshiyuki Arai, 82, Japanese politician.
- Kamran Aziz, 85, Turkish Cypriot pianist, composer and pharmacist, pulmonary complications.
- Ron Bass, 68, American professional wrestler (CWA, CWF, WWF), complications from surgery.
- Klaus Bechgaard, 72, Danish chemist.
- Kalika Prasad Bhattacharya, 56, Indian folk singer, traffic collision.
- Gina Calleja, 88, British-born Canadian author.
- Henning Kramer Dahl
, 54, Norwegian poet, translator, essayist and recording artist.
- Hans Georg Dehmelt, 94, German-born American physicist, laureate of the Nobel Prize in Physics (1989).
- Ronald Drever, 85, Scottish physicist.
- Peter M. Gruber, 75, Austrian mathematician.
- Noureddine Hammel
, 66, Algerian footballer.
- Sam McKee, 54, American Harness Racing Hall of Fame announcer, Meadowlands Racetrack (since 1998), complications of a stroke.
- Abdellatif Merdass, Moroccan politician, MP (since 2016), shot.
- Kurt Meyer
, 95, Swiss non-fiction writer and librarian.
- Yukinori Miyabe, 48, Japanese speed skater, Olympic bronze medalist (1992), cancer.
- Tadeusz Rybak, 87, Polish Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Legnica (1992–2005).
- Syed Sajjad Ali Shah, 84, Pakistani judge, Chief Justice (1994–1997).
- Helen Sommers, 84, American politician, member of the Washington House of Representatives (1972–2009).
- Lynne Stewart, 77, American defense attorney and convicted criminal, complications from breast cancer and multiple strokes.
- Francis Thorne, 94, American composer.
- Juan Carlos Touriño, 72, Spanish footballer (Real Madrid).
- Oleg Vasilyev
, 91, Russian environmental engineer.
- Éliane Victor
, 98, French journalist.
- John W. Walsh, 68, American patient advocate (COPD Foundation).
- Bill Webb, 70, American television director (New York Mets), complications from cancer.
- Xu Zuyao, 95, Chinese materials science expert.
- Bassel al-Araj, 31, Palestinian activist and pharmacist, shot.
- Joachim Baxla, 62, Indian politician, MP (1996–2009), cancer.
- Sergeĭ Bočarov
, 87, Russian writer.
- Michael H. Buchholz
, 59, German author.
- Rudolf Deng Majak, 76, South Sudanese Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Wau (since 1995).
- Lars Diedricson, 55, Swedish singer (Snowstorm), songwriter ("Take Me to Your Heaven") and winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 1999.
- Jesús Silva Herzog Flores, 81, Mexican economist and politician.
- Robbie Hoddinott, 62, American guitarist (Kingfish).
- Bill Hougland, 86, American basketball player (Phillips 66ers) and Olympic champion (1952, 1956).
- Hu Shougen
, 57, Chinese engineer and professor.
- Mikko Immonen
, 83, Finnish politician.
- Masaki Katayama
, 87, Japanese translator.
- Shinji Kojima
, 89, Japanese historian.
- Kalju Komissarov
, 70, Estonian film director and actor.
- Elżbieta Lonc
, 65, Polish parasitologist.
- Mickey Marvin, 61, American football player (Oakland Raiders), ALS.
- Jehoash Mayanja Nkangi, 85, Ugandan politician, Katikkiro of Buganda (1964–1966, 1993–1994), Minister of Education (1986–1989), Finance (1989–1998) and Justice (1998–2002).
- James Michael Moynihan, 84, American Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Syracuse (1995–2009).
- Robert Osborne, 84, American film historian and television host (Turner Classic Movies).
- Marek Ostrowski, 57, Polish footballer (Pogoń Szczecin).
- Eddy Pauwels, 81, Belgian racing cyclist.
- Bernt Petersen, 80, Danish furniture designer.
- Rabi Ray, 90, Indian politician, Speaker of the Lok Sabha (1989–1991).
- Dudley Storey, 77, New Zealand rower, Olympic champion (1968) and silver medalist (1972).
- Bella Striganova
, 84, Russian entomologist.
- Geoffrey Wainwright, 79, British archaeologist.
- Alberto Zedda, 89, Italian conductor and musicologist.
- Sydney Ball, 83, Australian painter.
- Anthony C. Beilenson, 84, American politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives (1977–1997), heart attack.
- Abril Campillo
, 58, Mexican actress and singer.
- Fiora Corradetti Contino, 91, American opera conductor, arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Gérard Corboud, 91, Swiss art collector and philanthropist.
- Louis CortotResistance.
, 91, French World War II veteran, member of the
- Burke Day, 62, American politician, member of Georgia House of Representatives (1995–2011).
- Garry Donna, 73, American basketball player, magazine editor and publisher.
- Joseph Charles Doumba, 81, Cameroonian politician.
- Trevor Grant, 65, Australian sports journalist.
- Antal Hajba, 79, Hungarian sprint canoeist.
- Gladys Hansen, 91, American librarian, archivist and author.
- Douglas Henry, 90, American politician, Tennessee State Senator (1971–2014).
- Dave Hunt, 74, American comic book artist (Legion of Super-Heroes, Supergirl, Transformers), cancer.
- Florence S. Jacobsen, 103, American Mormon leader and missionary.
- Virve Krimm
, 79, Estonian translator.
- Krystyna Kubicka
, 86, Polish doctor.
- Jay Lynch, 72, American underground comics artist, writer and editor (Bijou Funnies, Bazooka Joe), complications from lung cancer.
- Leonard Manasseh, 100, British architect.
- Kurt Moll, 78, German opera singer.
- Ante Perković
, 43, Croatian music critic, musician, journalist and publicist.
- Georg Schmuttermayr
, 84, German theologian.
- Nancy Shakir, 77, American activist.
- Vasily Sharapov
, 100, Belarusian statesman.
- Károly Simon
, 75, Hungarian industrial designer.
- Mike Smith, 88, British athletics coach.
- Aleksandr Vsevolod
, 81, Russian actor.
- Fred Weintraub, 88, American club owner (The Bitter End), film and television producer (Enter the Dragon).
- Josep Xarles i Santaló
, 84, Spanish activist.
- Zhuang Yan
, 99, Chinese diplomat.
- Jean-Christophe Averty, 88, French television and radio director.
- Bonnie Burnard, 72, Canadian novelist (A Good House).
- Valerie Carter, 64, American singer-songwriter (Howdy Moon).
- Mahlon E. Doyle, 92, American cryptologist.
- Ingvar Fast
, 85, Swedish businessman.
- Maria Teresa Ferrer i Mallol
, 76, Spanish historian.
- Edi Fitzroy, 62, Jamaican reggae singer.
- Luciano Guerci
, 75, Italian historian.
- Roger Hau'ofa, 73, Tongan-born Papua New Guinean radio broadcaster, kidney failure.
- Lawrence Holofcener, 91, American-British sculptor.
- Irena Homola-Skąpska, 88, Polish historian.
- Takashi Inoue
, 56, Japanese actor.
- Henryk Kietliński
, 84, Polish priest.
- Andrzej Kopczyński
, 82, Polish philologist.
- Eugene N. Kozloff, 96, American marine biologist and botanist.
- Péter Kozma, 57, Hungarian politician and MP.
- Helen M. Marshall, 87, American politician, Borough President of Queens (2002–2013), member of the New York State Assembly (1983–1991).
, 44, Hungarian rapper.
- Keisuke Nagatomo
, 77, Japanese graphic designer.
- Nguyễn Quang Thân
, 80, Vietnamese writer.
- Giovanni PalamaraMayor of Reggio Calabria (1984–1985).
, 78, Italian politician,
- Thomas Collier Platt Jr., 91, American judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1974–2001).
- Edna Rose Ritchings, 92, Canadian-American religious leader (International Peace Mission movement).
- Margaret Roberts, 79–80, South African herbalist.
- Winfried Schrammek
, 87, German musicologist, musician, and university teacher.
- Vusik Alexey Sergeevich
, 79, Ukrainian writer.
- Syed Shahabuddin, 82, Indian diplomat and politician, MP (1979–1996).
- Thomas Starzl, 90, American physician and medical researcher.
- Mutsumi Tsukumo
, 65, Japanese mangaka.
- Alberto Villalta, 69, Salvadorian footballer.
- Clayton Yeutter, 86, American politician, Trade Representative (1985–1989) and Secretary of Agriculture (1989–1991), colorectal cancer.
- Paul Abler
, 59, American jazz guitarist.
- Roberta Alloisio
, 53, Italian singer and actress.
- Anne Begenat-Neuschäfer
, 63, German university teacher.
- Quincy B, Liberian Kolo-Pop and RNB artist, automobile accident.
- Míriam Colón, 80, Puerto Rican-American actress (Scarface, Goal!, All the Pretty Horses), pulmonary infection.
- Bramwell Cook, 81, New Zealand gastroenterologist.
- Bernardo Cortés
, 83, Spanish writer, musician and actor.
- Marek Dmytrow
, 66, Polish guitarist, composer, and sound engineer.
- Jim Fuller, 69, American guitarist (The Surfaris).
- Dermeval Gonçalves
, 91, Brazilian businessman.
- Dame Anne Griffiths, 84, British librarian and archivist.
- Frances Hargreaves, 62, South African-born Australian actress (Number 96).
- Kaba Jallow, Gambian football coach.
- Raymond Kopa, 85, French footballer (Real Madrid, national team).
- Misha Mengelberg, 81, Ukrainian-born Dutch jazz pianist and composer.
- Irene Nolan, 70, American newspaper editor (Louisville Courier-Journal), lung disorder.
- Cyprian Ojwang Omollo, Kenyan politician, MP (2007–2013).
- Tommy Page, 46, American singer-songwriter ("I'll Be Your Everything") and music industry executive (Reprise Records, Billboard), suicide.
- René Préval, 74, Haitian politician, Prime Minister (1991), President (1996–2001, 2006–2011).
- Lyle Ritz, 87, American bassist and ukulelist.
- Joe Rogers, 97, American businessman, co-founder of Waffle House.
- Stephen Ross, 73, American economist.
- Aquinas Ryan, 84, Canadian politician, leader of the New Democratic Party of Prince Edward Island (1972–1979).
- Fritz Schaumann
, 70, German politician.
- Fusao Shimizu
, 101, Japanese poet.
- Tasso SpringerInstitut Laue–Langevin (1977–1982).
, 86, German physicist, director of the
- Lazar Stojanović
, 73, Serbian filmmaker.
- Shoji Sugiyama
, 83, Japanese martial artist.
- Anne Kristin Sydnes, 60, Norwegian politician, Minister of International Development (2000–2001).
- Gordon Thomas, 84, Welsh investigative journalist and author.
- Thor Tjøntveit, 80, Norwegian aviator.
- Guus Verstraete jr.
, 69, Dutch television director and screenwriter.
- Usayd al-Adani, Yemeni Al-Qaeda leader, airstrike.
- Yves Beccaria
, 87, French publisher and editor.
- Renato Borsoni
, 91, Italian art director and theatre director.
- Tarcisio Catanese, 49, Italian football player and manager.
- Gata Cattana
, 25, Spanish rapper and poet.
- Chu Songqiu
, 96, Chinese academic.
- Édouard Close, 87, Belgian politician, Burgemeester of Liège (1976–1991).
- Fred Fiske, 96, American radio broadcaster (WAMU).
- Tommy Gemmell, 73, Scottish football player (Celtic, Dundee, national team) and manager.
- Peter Gilles
, 63, German painter and performance artist.
- József Haller
, 82, Hungarian-born Romanian painter, scenographer and illustrator.
- Simon Hobday, 76, South African golfer.
- Çiğdem Kağıtçıbaşı
, 77, Turkish social psychologist.
- Anton Krinner
, 49, German ice hockey player and coach.
- Lucho Macedo
, 87, Peruvian musician, composer and pianist.
- Min Wook
, 69, South Korean actor.
- Andrés Ocaña, 62, Spanish politician, Mayor of Córdoba (2009–2011).
- Alex Oronov, 69, Ukrainian-born American businessman.
- Bana Bihari Panda, 76, Indian Odia language writer.
- Giorgio Rosa
, 92, Italian engineer.
- Howard Schmidt, 67, American cybersecurity advisor, cancer.
- Gianni Carlo Sciolla
, 76, Italian art critic.
- John D. Schneider, 80, American state legislator and attorney, member of the Missouri Senate (1971–2002).
- Otakar Štěrba
, 83, Czech ecologist.
- Mohamed Tahar, 36/7, Yemeni Guantanamo Bay detention camp prisoner, airstrike.
- Vladimír Vašut, 85, Czech theatre critic.
- Maria Velez
, 81, Portuguese painter.
- Helene White, 77, Canadian film and television producer.
- P. J. Bradley, 76, Northern Irish politician, member of the Northern Ireland Assembly (1998–2011).
- Irmela Brender
, 81, German writer.
- Chisai Childs, 69, American entertainer, talent scout and civic booster (Branson, Missouri).
- Zuzanna Czajkowska
, 86, Polish journalist, publicist and translator.
- Tania Dalton, 45, New Zealand netball player (national team), aneurysm.
- Raymond Florax, 60, Dutch economist.
- Paula Fox, 93, American writer (The Slave Dancer).
- Carlos Gardini
, 68, Argentinian journalist.
- Pierre Guénin, 90, French journalist, magazine publisher and gay rights activist.
- John Hampshire, 76, English cricketer (Yorkshire, national team).
- Hiroshi Kamayatsu, 78, Japanese singer and guitarist (The Spiders), pancreatic cancer.
- Richard Karron, 82, American actor (The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Ready to Rumble).
- Akio Kimura
, 91, Japanese professor of Russian studies.
- Fumio Kitamura
, 93, Japanese landscape scholar.
- Yasuyuki Kuwahara, 74, Japanese footballer, Olympic bronze medalist (1968).
- Johannes Lahti, 64, Finnish decathlete.
- Claudine Maugendre
, 75, French photojournalist and editor.
- Taarak Mehta, 87, Indian playwright and humorist.
- Gustav Metzger, 90, German-born stateless auto-destructive artist.
- Alicia Morel
, 95, Chilean writer.
- Shirley Palesh, 87, American baseball player (AAGPBL).
- Wally Pikal, 90, American musician.
- David Rubinger, 92, Austrian-born Israeli photographer.
- Michael M. Ryan, 87, American actor (Another World).
- Christopher Schmidt
, 52, German journalist.
- Jins Shamsuddin, 81, Malaysian actor (Bidasari), director and politician, member of the Dewan Negara (2004–2008), choked.
- Alejandra Soler, 103, Spanish politician.
- Tomaso Staiti di Cuddia delle Chiuse, 84, Italian politician and journalist.
- Jerzy Stawicki
, 89, Polish cinematographer.
- Vladimir Tadej, 91, Croatian filmmaker.
- Joseph Vũ Duy Thống, 64, Vietnamese Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Phan Thiết (since 2009).
- Ioannis Tsintsaris, 55, Greek Olympic weightlifter.
- ^ Longtime Detroit TV anchor Rich Fisher dies
- ^ Legendary Soviet test pilot Mikoyan passes away at 94
- ^ מת שר התיירות והמשפטים לשעבר אברהם שריר (Hebrew)
- ^ Tributes paid after John Lennon's best friend Pete Shotton passes away
- ^ Avo Uvezian, 91, Dies
- ^ Akron native Lola Albright, glamorous Hollywood actress, dies at age 92
- ^ Celebrated Tamil writer Ashokamitran dies at 85
- ^ Lutto nel mondo dell'arte: si è spenta Mirella Bentivoglio. Suo il celebre "uovo" di via del Monte a Gubbio (Italian)
- ^ Gentlemanly, gracious U.S. District Judge John Darrah dies at 78
- ^ Mort de l’écrivain Serge Doubrovsky (French)
- ^ Israeli sportscaster Meir Einstein dead at 65
- ^ Cardinal William Keeler, who grew up in Lebanon, dies at 86; led oldest diocese in US
- ^ Clay Matthews Sr. dies at 88
- ^ Denis McGrath, Syfy's 'Continuum,' 'Aftermath' Writer, Dies at 48
- ^ Former Page MP Ian Robinson passes away
- ^ In Memoriam: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- ^ È morto Cino Tortorella: il suo mago Zurlì fece sognare i bambini (Italian)
- ^ Former Russian Parliamentarian and Putin Critic Shot Dead in Kiev
- ^ Veteran journalist, former Press Federation head, passes away at 96
- ^ “An amazing man” — Sir Chris Hoy pays tribute to inspirational uncle Andy Coogan
- ^ John Derrick: Former Glamorgan coach and player dies at the age of 54
- ^ Dallas Green, first Phillies manager to win the World Series, dies at 82
- ^ Pete Hamilton, New England Racing Hall Of Famer And Daytona 500 Winner, Passes
- ^ Boston Drummer Sib Hashian Collapses, Dies On Rock Cruise Ship
- ^ 'Big Rig Bounty Hunters' Star Vince Jones Dead At 46
- ^ Sven-Erik Magnusson är död (Swedish)
- ^ London Terror Attack: Khalid Masood Was Born Adrian Russell Ajao
- ^ È morto Tomas Milian a 84 anni Dai film d’autore a “Er Monnezza” (Italian)
- ^ Former FC Barcelona president Agustí Montal dies
- ^ Anfield legend Ronnie Moran dies aged 83
- ^ Suri armastatud näitleja Lembit Ulfsak (Estonian)
- ^ Chuck Barris, Wacky Host and Creator of 'The Gong Show,' Dies at 87
- ^ Colin Dexter, creator of Inspector Morse, dies aged 86
- ^ L'ex-ministre et président PS de l'Assemblée Henri Emmanuelli est mort (French)
- ^ Suri kahekordne maadluse maailmameister August Englas (Estonian)
- ^ In memoriam: Roy Fisher
- ^ Former Edmonton Eskimo star Larry Highbaugh dies
- ^ Work Pressure Drives Inao Jiro to Commit Suicide, Police Says
- ^ Journalist and broadcaster Betty Kennedy dead at 91
- ^ Jerry Krause, GM during the Bulls' dynasty, dies at 77
- ^ Scott McGilvray, New Hampshire state senator, dies at 51
- ^ McGuinness a 'pivotal and crucial figure' in peace process - Adams
- ^ Former Senator And MP, Bill Rompkey Passes Away At 80
- ^ Meghalt a diszkoszvető, aki a Sport szelet figurája volt (Hungarian)
- ^ Veteran journalist Govind Talwalkar passes away
- ^ Obituary: Jaye Walton
- ^ Tony Zardon, last surviving Washington Senator, dies in Tamarac at age 94
- ^ W. Knox Chandler
- ^ At 17 he swam faster than Mark Spitz for a world record. Andy Coan dies at 59
- ^ Terence Finlay, 79, ‘joyful…and deeply faithful’
- ^ 肥田舜太郎さん１００歳＝広島原爆で被爆の医師 (Japanese)
- ^ Local Jazz Legend Buck Hill Dies At 90
- ^ Cowboy basketball great, David Lawrence, passes away
- ^ Judge Edward J. ("Nick") McManus
- ^ Ex-senator Leticia Ramos-Shahani passes away
- ^ Former Nizamabad MP Keshpally Gangareddy passes away
- ^ In Memory of Chandler S. Robbins
- ^ David Rockefeller, Philanthropist and Head of Chase Manhattan, Dies at 101
- ^ Screen writer/producer Amri Rohayat dies
- ^ Robert Silvers, edited New York Review of Books, dead at 87
- ^ Final Note: Tony Terran
- ^ George Weinberg Dies at 87; Coined ‘Homophobia’ After Seeing Fear of Gays
- ^ Litterateur Prof. Zobaida Gulshan Ara passes away
- ^ Jimmy Breslin, Legendary New York City Newspaper Columnist, Dies at 88
- ^ Celebration of the Life of President Emerita Mary Maples Dunn Scheduled for May 28
- ^ U 81. godini umro don Ivan Grubišić (Serbo-Croatian)
- ^ Film star Li Li-hua dies at 92
- ^ Derry City skipper Ryan McBride dies suddenly aged 27
- ^ Bishop John Jeremiah McRaith
- ^ Former colleagues remember Len Mitzel’s dedication to public service; longtime area MLA dead at 71
- ^ Poet Chinu Modi passes away
- ^ Former Rajya Sabha member Pyarimohan Mahapatra dies at the age of 77
- ^ Ohlson
- ^ Former national safety chief Okazaki dies at 73
- ^ Former Tour de France champion Roger Pingeon dies at 76
- ^ В Тольятти скончался создатель автомобиля "Нива" (Russian)
- ^ Veteran Canadian comedian Bob Robertson dead at 71.
- ^ Affable golfing icon Ken Still, Tacoma’s first PGA Tour champion, dies at 82
- ^ Tom Amberry, podiatrist who set world record with 2,750 straight free throws, dies at 94
- ^ Legendary musician Chuck Berry dead at 90
- ^ Bria, AP newsman who flashed Nazi surrender, dies at 101
- ^ Trisha Brown, Choreographer and Pillar of American Postmodern Dance, Dies at 80
- ^ Former Alabama Sen. Eugene Crum Foshee dies
- ^ Умер хоккейный комментатор Сергей Гимаев (Russian)
- ^ Gerry Gimelstob
- ^ Sad news: The last of the label photographers has died
- ^ Acting great Joe Mafela dies aged 75
- ^ In Memoriam: Rev. J. Donald Monan, SJ
- ^ Ashwin Sundar dies in tragic Chennai crash, fellow racers mourn
- ^ Alfred Tibor | 1920-2017: Prolific sculptor shaped by Holocaust
- ^ Zemřel kardinál Vlk. České katolíky vedl 18 let, politiky neměl rád (Czech)
- ^ Bernie Wrightson Cause of Death: How Did the Comic Book Artist Die?
- ^ Robert Frederick Day
- ^ Viral Sensation Auntie Fee Dies at 59
- ^ People’s Artist of Armenia Anatoli Grigoryan passes away aged 75
- ^ Consummate New York architect Hugh Hardy dies at age 84
- ^ Former taoiseach Charles Haughey wife Maureen has passed away aged 91 : 'A truly remarkable woman'
- ^ Remembering Peter Kwong, Scholar of the City and Champion for Justice
- ^ Leonard Hilarion Legault
- ^ Obituary: Professor George Lewith
- ^ Remembering Lawrence Montaigne, 1931–2017
- ^ Pakistan athlete Nadia Nazir killed in car accident
- ^ Dan Rowe, who called Vikings games in the 1990s, dies at 67
- ^ Only New York man to win NYC Marathon dies at 74
- ^ Mirė buvęs premjeras Laurynas Mindaugas Stankevičius (Lithuanian)
- ^ 'Remember the Titans' team member killed in crash
- ^ Скончался бывший руководитель Узбекистана (Russian)
- ^ Nobel laureate, poet and playwright Derek Walcott dead, aged 87
- ^ Tributes to Tony Barrow pour in from the rugby league community
- ^ George Braziller, Literary Publisher, Dead At 101
- ^ James Cotton, Legend Of The Blues Harmonica, Dies At 81
- ^ Actress Kalimaamani Kr Indira is No More!
- ^ Suri endine kaitseväe juhataja kindral Aleksander Einseln (Estonian)
- ^ Solomon A. Goldstein, insurance executive who fought for racial equality and Jewish causes
- ^ Författaren Torgny Lindgren är död (Swedish)
- ^ Former NU chairman Hasyim Muzadi passes away
- ^ Talent Agent Gene Parseghian Dies at 72
- ^ Lewis Rowland, Leading Neurologist on Nerve and Muscle Diseases, Dies at 91
- ^ Collision avec le van de Jenifer : Youcef Touati est décédé (French)
- ^ Skip Williamson, 1944–2017
- ^ Bob Bruce, Astros' starting pitcher in first Astrodome official game, dies
- ^ Elhunyt Dimény Imre (Hungarian)
- ^ Robert G. 'Bob' Dunn
- ^ Job Durupt l'ancien député-maire de Tomblaine est mort (French)
- ^ Kiwi folk legend Phil Garland dies, age 75
- ^ Russell L. Goetz
- ^ Lucky Gordon obituary
- ^ Le journaliste Laurent Laplante s’éteint (French)
- ^ Michael Maule, Former ABT and NYCB Dancer, Has Died
- ^ Wojciech Młynarski nie żyje. Był legendą polskiej piosenki i kabaretu (Polish)
- ^ Murió Enrique Morea, una leyenda del tenis argentino (Spanish)
- ^ Deputy PM Sok An dies at 66
- ^ The greatest Shocker, Dave Stallworth, dies at age 75
- ^ Bill Walsh, copy editor and witty authority on language, dies at 55
- ^ Former Cavalier Chris Williams Passes Away
- ^ Ronald G. Witt
- ^ Nie żyje Andrzej Biegalski, mistrz Europy w wadze ciężkiej (Polish)
- ^ Man who killed a father and his son in Arlington in 1987 is executed
- ^ Pioneer of the Civil Rights Movement passes away
- ^ A murit cantareata de muzica populara Ileana Ciuculete. Artista suferea de ciroza hepatica (Romanian)
- ^ Doliu în lumea presei! Realizatorul de documentare Temistocle Epaminonda a murit la 65 de ani (Romanian)
- ^ Dara Fitzpatrick's Sister Pays Emotional Tribute
- ^ Jack Harris, who produced horror film 'The Blob,' dies at 98
- ^ Arleene Cecelia Noga
- ^ Jayasudha’s husband Nitin Kapoor ends life
- ^ Addio a Luigi Mannelli, pallanuotista oro alle Olimpiadi di Roma (Italian)
- ^ Jim McAnearney 1935–2017
- ^ Тренер: причина смерти гимнастки Наймушиной станет известна после вскрытия (Russian)
- ^ Tecnam Founder Luigi Pascale Dies At 93
- ^ Rock climbing pioneer, Modesto’s Royal Robbins, dies at 82
- ^ André Tosel, philosophe niçois de renom, nous a quittés (French)
- ^ Murió Rodrigo 'Rocky' Valdés, excampeón mundial de boxeo (Spanish)
- ^ John Van de Kamp, former California attorney general and L.A. County district attorney, dies at 81
- ^ Tsunehiko Watase, yakuza movie star known for role in 'Oshin,' dies
- ^ Longtime New York Knicks broadcaster John Andariese dies at 78
- ^ ادیب برومند درگذشت (Persian)
- ^ Bishop Eamonn Casey dies
- ^ Crutcher, former Kansas lieutenant governor and critic of U.S. postal service, dies at 100
- ^ La mort du peintre Henri Cueco (French)
- ^ David D'Amato, subject of Tickled, has died
- ^ Outstanding sire Danehill Dancer dies at Coolmore Stud
- ^ ‘Kika’ de la Garza dies at 89
- ^ Morton Deutsch, Pioneer in Conflict Resolution, Cooperative Learning and Social Justice, Passes Away at 97
- ^ Puthiya Mukham director Diphan passes away in Kochi
- ^ Msgr. Vincent Foy, longest-serving priest in Toronto Archdiocese, dies at 101
- ^ Somerset CCC mourn death of former player Chris Greetham aged 80
- ^ Morihiro Hashimoto Passes Away
- ^ Andre T. Jagendorf
- ^ Fallece artista mexicana Sarah Jiménez Vernís (Spanish)
- ^ Go-Go Music Pioneer Maxx Kidd Dies at 75
- ^ John Lever, powerful drummer for The Chameleons, dies following short illness
- ^ Tommy LiPuma, Grammy-Winning Producer & Record Exec, Dies at 80
- ^ 'Passionate and fiercely intelligent' Guardian sports writer Dan Lucas dies suddenly aged 31
- ^ علی معلم درگذشت (Persian)
- ^ 村岡博人氏 元共同通信社会部次長、元サッカー日本代表 (Japanese)
- ^ Princess Benedikte of Denmark's husband Prince Richard dies unexpectedly at palace home
- ^ Author, who wrote heartbreaking dating profile for husband, dies at 51
- ^ Richard Solomon, Kissinger aide involved in ‘Ping-Pong diplomacy’ with China, dies at 79
- ^ Dennis Stamp Passes Away After Battling Cancer
- ^ Leading Czech molecular geneticist Prof. Jan Svoboda has died
- ^ درگذشت ویدا حاجبی، فعال سیاسی چپ (Persian)
- ^ Dave Taylor 1940–2017
- ^ Murió Alejandro Végh Villegas, ministro de Economía de la dictadura (Spanish)
- ^ TV pioneer and Good Friday Appeal ambassador Dan Webb dies
- ^ Masters running legend Ed Whitlock dead at 86
- ^ Original Y&T Rhythm Guitarist Joey Alves Dead At 63
- ^ Footrot Flats creator Murray Ball has died
- ^ Addio a Mons. Luigi Barbarito, Arcivescovo e Nunzio Apostolico (Italian)
- ^ Elhunyt Bodor Pál, Diurnus (Hungarian)
- ^ Gorbachev's aide dies at 95
- ^ Horst Ehmke, aide to West German leader Brandt, dies at 90
- ^ Stift Rein: Altabt Christian Feurstein gestorben (German)
- ^ France : disparition de Mgr Jacques Fihey, évêque émérite de Coutances et Avranches (French)
- ^ Former St Kitts Governor passes
- ^ Lebanese cartoonist Stavro Jabra passes away
- ^ Sverre Bergh Johansen (Norwegian)
- ^ Leichtathletik Ex-Sprinterin Petra Kandarr gestorben (German)
- ^ Odešla házenkářská legenda Stanislava Kučerová (Czech)
- ^ Former Williams driver Patrick Nève dead at 67
- ^ TDP MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy dies of massive heart attack
- ^ Former city councillor Harvey Smith dies at 80
- ^ Wickes, Kenneth Edward
- ^ Lloyd Conover, Inventor of Groundbreaking Antibiotic, Dies at 93
- ^ Actrice Kitty Courbois (79) overleden aan hersenbloeding (Dutch)
- ^ Mort de Jean-Claude Étienne, ancien sénateur UMP (French)
- ^ Evan Johns, 60, left his mark on Austin music as a firebrand guitarist
- ^ Gyász: elhunyt a híres magyar filmrendező (Hungarian)
- ^ ‘Terminally Fabulous’ blogger Lisa Magill dies
- ^ Chilean Singer Angel Parra Dies in Paris Aged 73
- ^ In Memory Of Winifred Piesse
- ^ Ambassador to Brazil Mijarul Quayes dies
- ^ Director Cheyyar Ravi passes away
- ^ André Rives vient de nous quitter… (French)
- ^ Ποια ήταν η ηθοποιός Ευαγγελία Σαμιωτάκη που έφυγε από τη ζωή στα 82 της (Greek)
- ^ Louisiana Hall of Fame sportswriter R.L. Stockard passes away at 92
- ^ Radio drama director Tsui Hsiao-ping dies at 94
- ^ Suri tuntud poliitik ja akadeemik Peeter Tulviste (Estonian)
- ^ Steel Guitarist Don Warden, Dolly Parton’s Longtime Manager, Dead at 87
- ^ Landkreis Roth: Trauer um bayerischen Ex-Minister Manfred Weiß (German)
- ^ Elhunyt Ács Tibor (Hungarian)
- ^ RIP Bob Altman (1931–2017)
- ^ La radio est en deuil, Pierre Bouteiller tire sa révérence (French)
- ^ Former Giants coach Dave Brazil passes away at age 80
- ^ Fallece Absalón Castellanos, ex gobernador de Chiapas (Spanish)
- ^ Cecil
- ^ Long time judge D’Andrea dies at 85
- ^ Late Indianapolis poet Mari Evans leaves legacy of social justice
- ^ Carol Field, Italian Food Expert, Dies at 76
- ^ The Italian Job and Footballers' Wives actor John Forgeham dies aged 75
- ^ Christopher Gray, Architecture Writer and Researcher, Dies at 66
- ^ Actor Tony Haygarth dies aged 72
- ^ Glyn Tegai Hughes
- ^ Venerable Basketball Coach, Mentor Ben Jobe Dies
- ^ Charles Wycliffe Joiner
- ^ Legendary choir conductor passes away
- ^ 34e bataillon du génie : IBK rend un dernier hommage au général Kafougouna Koné (French)
- ^ Bill Leak dies aged 61
- ^ L’ancien député et maire Alain Levoyer est décédé (French)
- ^ Maurice Lusien (1926-2017) : Une Vie dans L’Eau (French)
- ^ Avis de Décès - Henri Minczeles (French)
- ^ King County deaths (0313/2017)
- ^ Pere Mir I Puig : Fallecimiento (Spanish)
- ^ Morre em Dom Macedo Costa o ex-prefeito e ex-vereador mais velho do Brasil (Portuguese)
- ^ Falleció Maño Ruíz, auxiliar técnico de Cardozo con Puebla (Spanish)
- ^ “Роздав серце кожному”: у Хмельницькому попрощалися з легендарним артилеристом 79 бригади Андрієм Рибцовим (Ukrainian)
- ^ Joni Sledge, Member of 'We Are Family' Hitmakers Sister Sledge, Dies at 60
- ^ Altlandesbischof Theo Sorg ist gestorben (German)
- ^ John Surtees dies aged 83
- ^ Award-winning Ojibwa author Richard Wagamese dead at 61
- ^ 'Bridges of Madison County' author Robert James Waller dies at 77
- ^ Mick Adams
- ^ 【訃報】岩永祥紀氏＝大相撲の元幕内春日富士 (Japanese)
- ^ L’actrice Khadija Ben Arfa n’est plus (French)
- ^ Томский художник Рафаэль Асланян скончался в четверг (Russian)
- ^ Murió Armando Barbeito, el descubridor de Susana, e histórico productor de Mirtha (Spanish)
- ^ Ann Beach obituary
- ^ Branislav Branko Ćirlić (Polish)
- ^ Moto. Endurance : Anthony Delhalle décède à Nogaro (French)
- ^ Elhunyt Gyimesi Pálma (Hungarian)
- ^ Orient resident, MLB 20-game winner Bill Hands dies at 76
- ^ Laulaja Barbara Helsingius on kuollut (Finnish)
- ^ Turner Prize winning British abstract artist Sir Howard Hodgkin dies
- ^ Keith Holliday obituary
- ^ Zmarł Marian Jankowski (Polish)
- ^ Früherer VfGH-Präsident Korinek gestorben (German)
- ^ Sons Of Azrael guitarist Tony Lorenzo dies at 30
- ^ Economist U Hla Myint dies at 97
- ^ NARTH Co-Founder and Leader in Ex-Gay Torture Movement Joseph Nicolosi Dead at 70
- ^ Ex-Bendel governor dies at 84
- ^ Aldo Quaglio, «pilier du siècle», s'en est allé (French)
- ^ Actriz Alicia Quiroga falleció a los 89 años (Spanish)
- ^ Pioneer dancer Neila Sathyalingam dies
- ^ Nekrolog: Jacqueline Andreè Naze Tjøtta (Norwegian)
- ^ E’ scomparsa Anna Tramontano (Italian)
- ^ Ultima Ora Vasile Turcu a murit la 02:00, dupa ce ieri intrase in moarte cerebrala! Anuntul oficial facut (Romanian)
- ^ General Adeyinka Adebayo dies at 88
- ^ Former Calgary Stampeders star Ezzrett (Sugarfoot) Anderson dies at age 97
- ^ John Bansch, First Colts Reporter In Indianapolis, Passes Away
- ^ Colossal ex-cop was a beast on patrol
- ^ Ушел из жизни выдающийся житель Херсонщины (Russian)
- ^ Bossom
- ^ Ин мемориам: архитект Славко Брезовски (1922 – 2017) (Macedonian)
- ^ Почина Георги Данаилов (Bulgarian)
- ^ Legendary N.J. boxing manager Lou Duva dies at 94
- ^ 박태환 국가대표 발탁했던 김봉조 전 수영감독 별세 (Korean)
- ^ Yuriy Korovyanskyy, un géant du volley-ball s’en est allé (French)
- ^ Former Vice President Lee Yuan-tsu dies at 94
- ^ Tipperary hurling legend Michael Maher passes away
- ^ Addio a Danilo Mainardi, etologo e voce ambientalista (Italian)
- ^ Ушел из жизни Дмитрий Межевич – один из ветеранов «Таганки» (Russian)
- ^ NDP stalwart, social activist Margaret Mitchell dies in Vancouver at 92
- ^ Jonathan Moore, 84; helped create Harvard’s Shorenstein Center
- ^ 森田浩一郎氏死去（医事評論家、元日本医師会常任理事） (Japanese)
- ^ George Oláh, Nobel Prize winning Hungarian-American chemist, dies at 89
- ^ Riding legend Jack Purtell passes away
- ^ Azərbaycanın əməkdar artisti vəfat etdi (Azerbaijani)
- ^ American Violinist and ‘Fame’ Conductor Jonathan Strasser Has Died
- ^ Dave Valentin, Grammy-winning jazz flutist from Bronx, dies at 64
- ^ Argelès-sur-Mer : l'écrivain André Vinas a pris le large (French)
- ^ 新井彬之氏死去（元公明党衆院議員） (Japanese)
- ^ Kamran Aziz hayatını kaybetti! (Turkish)
- ^ 'Outlaw' Ron Bass dead at 68
- ^ Dødsannonce for Klaus Bechgaard (Danish)
- ^ গাড়ি দুর্ঘটনায় প্রয়াত দোহারের কালিকাপ্রসাদ (Bengali)
- ^ Calleja, Gina Calleja - Obituary
- ^ Henning Kramer Dahl 1962-2017 (Swedish)
- ^ King County deaths (03/10/2017)
- ^ Gravitational waves pioneer Ronald Drever dies
- ^ Peter M. Gruber – ein Nachruf (German)
- ^ Hammel Noureddine dit Mehdi est décédé (French)
- ^ Hall of Famer Sam McKee has died at age 54
- ^ MP assassinated outside his home in Morocco
- ^ Kurt Meyer (German)
- ^ 宮部行範さん死去 (Japanese)
- ^ Bishop Tadeusz Rybak
- ^ Ex-CJP Sajjad Ali Shah passes away
- ^ Former State Rep. Helen Sommers dies at 84
- ^ Lynne Stewart, Lifelong Fighter and People's Lawyer, Dies
- ^ Francis Thorne obituary
- ^ Juan Carlos Tourino dies aged 72
- ^ Скончался советник РАН, академик Васильев Олег Федорович (Russian)
- ^ Eliane Victor, porte-voix des femmes à la télévision (French)
- ^ John W. Walsh, Who Fought for Cure for Lung Disease, Dies at 68
- ^ Bill Webb, Tailor of TV Baseball Excitement, Dies at 70
- ^ 中国科学院院士徐祖耀逝世[图] (Chinese)
- ^ Prominent Palestinian Activist Killed in Israeli Raid
- ^ 4-time MP passes away
- ^ Умер Сергей Бочаров (Russian)
- ^ Gestorben: Michael H. Buchholz (1957-2017) (German)
- ^ Bishop Rudolf Deng Majak
- ^ Lars ”Dille” Diedricson är död (Swedish)
- ^ Muere Jesús Silva-Herzog, el secretario de Hacienda que lidió con la crisis de deuda mexicana (Spanish)
- ^ Robbie Hoddinott, of Bay Area’s Kingfish, Dies
- ^ Bill Hougland, national and Olympic basketball champion from KU, dies at 86
- ^ 讣 告 (Chinese)
- ^ Keskustan entinen puoluesihteeri Mikko Immonen on poissa (Finnish)
- ^ ［おくやみ］ 片山正樹 氏（フランス文学者、関西学院大学 名誉教授） (Japanese)
- ^ 東大名誉教授の小島晋治さん死去 中国近代史 (Japanese)
- ^ Suri legendarne lavastaja ja näitleja Kalju Komissarov (Estonian)
- ^ Zmarła profesor Elżbieta Lonc (Polish)
- ^ Former Tennessee great Mickey Marvin dies at 61
- ^ Senior citizen, former finance minister and Buganda Katikkiro, Joash Mayanja Nkangi is dead
- ^ Former bishop Moynihan dies
- ^ Robert Osborne dies at 84; genial student of films hosted Turner Classic Movies
- ^ Zmarł Marek Ostrowski (Polish)
- ^ Ex-geletruidrager Eddy Pauwels (81) overleden (Dutch)
- ^ Bernt Petersen (Danish)
- ^ Former Lok Sabha Speaker Rabi Ray passes away
- ^ Kiwi Olympic rowing gold medalist Dudley Storey passes away
- ^ Стриганова Белла Рафаиловна (Russian)
- ^ Geoff Wainwright obituary
- ^ Lutto nel mondo della lirica, è morto il maestro Alberto Zedda (Italian)
- ^ Sydney Ball, prolific abstract painter, dies aged 83
- ^ Anthony Beilenson, 10-term congressman who championed Santa Monica Mountains, dies at 84
- ^ Muere la actriz y vedette Abril Campillo (Spanish)
- ^ Fiora Corradetti Contino, Opera Maestra, Dies at 91
- ^ Kunstmäzen Gérard J. Corboud verstorben (German)
- ^ Décès de Louis Cortot, l'un des derniers compagnons de la Libération (French)
- ^ Former state Rep. Burke Day, 62, passes away Sunday at Tybee home
- ^ Basketball legend Garry Donna dies at 73
- ^ Cameroun : Joseph Charles Doumba n'est plus (French)
- ^ Sports journalist Trevor Grant dies, aged 65
- ^ „Lottóötössel is edző lettem volna” (Hungarian)
- ^ Gladys Hansen, SF archivist and 1906 earthquake expert, dies
- ^ Douglas Henry, longest-serving member of Tennesse legislature, dies at 90
- ^ Dave Hunt Passes Away At 75
- ^ Florence Smith Jacobsen
- ^ Suri tõlkija Virve Krimm (Estonian)
- ^ Krystyna Kubicka (Polish)
- ^ Jay Lynch
- ^ Leonard Manasseh obituary
- ^ Opernsänger Kurt Moll ist tot (German)
- ^ Pogreb Preminulog Ante Perkovića Bit Će U Zadru Sahrana će se održati u petak na Gradskom groblju (Serbo-Croatian)
- ^ Verdienter Domkapitular verstarb am 1. Fastensonntag (German)
- ^ Nancy Clark Shakir
- ^ Умер знаменитый глава Минска Василий Шарапов (Belarusian)
- ^ Meghalt Simon Károly (Hungarian)
- ^ Coaching great Mike Smith dies
- ^ Умер снявшийся в «Балладе о солдате» актер Александр Кузнецов (Russian)
- ^ Fred Weintraub, 88, Dies; Showcased Future Greats at the Bitter End
- ^ Clandestino y formal (Catalan)
- ^ 外交部离休干部庄焰逝世，曾任驻孟加拉、伊朗、希腊大使 (Chinese)
- ^ L'auteur et réalisateur Jean-Christophe Averty est mort (French)
- ^ Bonnie Burnard, award-winning Canadian author, dies at 72
- ^ Valerie Carter, St. Petersburg recording artist and backup singer, dies at 64
- ^ Mahlon E. Doyle
- ^ Öis förre ordförande Ingvar Fast har avlidit (Swedish)
- ^ Mor la medievalista Maria Teresa Ferrer i Mallol als 76 anys (Catalan)
- ^ Singer Edi Fitzroy Has Died
- ^ Luciano Guerci (Italian)
- ^ 'Voice of PNG' Roger Hau'ofa passes away
- ^ Young Will sculptor dies
- ^ Irena Homola Skąpska (Polish)
- ^ 俳優の井之上隆志さんが死去、５６歳 「渡鬼」「相棒」人気作に出演 (Japanese)
- ^ Zmarł ks. Henryk Kietliński (Polish)
- ^ Andrzej Kopczyński (Polish)
- ^ Eugene Nicholas Kozloff (1920 – 2017)
- ^ In memoriam Kozma Péter (Hungarian)
- ^ Helen Marshall, first black Queens borough president, dies
- ^ Meghalt Mohaman, a Happy Gang egyik alapítója (Hungarian)
- ^ グラフィックデザイナーの長友啓典さん死去 (Japanese)
- ^ Nhà văn Nguyễn Quang Thân qua đời (Vietnamese)
- ^ Reggio Calabria: a Palazzo San Giorgio camera ardente per l’ex Sindaco Giovanni Palamara (Italian)
- ^ Thomas Platt, 91, Dies: Fined Air Traffic Controllers $100,000 an Hour
- ^ Mother Divine, leader of the International Peace Mission, dies at 92
- ^ 'Doyenne of SA herb industry' Margaret Roberts passes away
- ^ "Retter der mitteldeutschen Orgellandschaft" gestorben (German)
- ^ Помер Олекса Вусик (Ukrainian)
- ^ Ex-diplomat and former MP Syed Shahabuddin passes away
- ^ Thomas Starzl, father of organ tranplantation, dies at 90
- ^ Ore wa Otoko da! Manga Creator Mutsumi Tsukumo Passes Away
- ^ Falleció el mundialista salvadoreño Alberto “Pechuga” Villalta (Spanish)
- ^ Former US Ag Secretary, Nebraska native Clayton Yeutter dies
- ^ Paul James Abler
- ^ Addio a Roberta Alloisio, cantautrice Targa Tenco nel 2011 (Italian)
- ^ Anne Begenat-Neuschäfer : Traueranzeige (German)
- ^ Liberia: 'Shocking' - Liberians Express Sadness Over Death of Musical Star
- ^ Miriam Colon, iconic US Latina movie, theater actress, dies
- ^ Herbert (Bram) Cook Death Notice
- ^ Muere Bernardo Cortés, el poeta de la Barceloneta (Spanish)
- ^ Zmarł Marek Dmytrow (Polish)
- ^ Jim Fuller, ‘Wipe Out’ Guitarist with Surfaris, Dies
- ^ Responsável pela expansão da RecordTV pelo Brasil morre aos 91 anos (Portuguese)
- ^ Prince Philip’s librarian and archivist of 65 years, dies aged 84
- ^ Vale: Frances Hargreaves
- ^ Former Gambia national coach passes away
- ^ Former France great Kopa dies aged 85
- ^ Jazzpianist Misha Mengelberg (81), groot dwarsdenker van de Nederlandse muziek, overleden (Dutch)
- ^ Former Courier-Journal managing editor Irene Nolan dies
- ^ Former Uriri Member of Parliament Cyprian Omollo is dead
- ^ Tommy Page, Singer and Former Billboard Publisher, Dies at 46
- ^ Rene Preval, two-time president of Haiti, dead at 74
- ^ Lyle Ritz, Wrecking Crew Bassist, Dies at 87
- ^ Waffle House co-founder dies at 97
- ^ Professor Stephen Ross, inventor of arbitrage pricing theory, dies at 73
- ^ Former community, school, NDP leader Aquinas Ryan dies
- ^ Mourning loss of founding president Fritz Schaumann
- ^ 戦後歌壇の重鎮、清水房雄さん死去…１０１歳 (Japanese)
- ^ FRM II mourns Prof. Tasso Springer
- ^ Serbian director Lazar Stojanovic dies at 73
- ^ Judo: le condoglianze del Dojo Byakko Tai di Sanremo per la scomparsa del Maestro Shoji Sugiyama (Italian)
- ^ Tidligere Ap-statsråd Anne Kristin Sydnes er død (Norwegian)
- ^ Thomas, Gordon (Author and Journalist)
- ^ Nekrolog: Thor Kristen Tjøntveit (Norwegian)
- ^ Regisseur Guus Verstraete (69) overleden (Dutch)
- ^ US airstrikes kill former Guantanamo detainee in Yemen
- ^ Yves Beccaria, éditeur de journaux pour la jeunesse, est mort (French)
- ^ Addio a Renato Borsoni, intellettuale geniale e padre del teatro pubblico (Italian)
- ^ Addio a Tarcisio Catanese (Italian)
- ^ La rapera Gata Cattana muere a los 26 años (Spanish)
- ^ 新聞界耆老楚崧秋過世 享壽98歲 (Chinese)
- ^ Edouard Close, ancien bourgmestre de Liège, est décédé (French)
- ^ Former WAMU personality Fred Fiske dies at 96
- ^ Tommy Gemmell: Former Celtic defender and 'Lisbon Lion' dies aged 73
- ^ Mit dem eigenen Blut gemalt (German)
- ^ Elhunyt Haller József (Hungarian)
- ^ Golf's greatest character Simon Hobday dies
- ^ Prof. Dr. Çiğdem Kağıtçıbaşı dies at 77
- ^ Nach dem Tod von Eishockey-Trainer Toni Krinner: Fassungslosigkeit bei Towerstars (German)
- ^ Falleció Lucho Macedo, padre de la música tropical en el Perú, y Colombia lo lamenta (Spanish)
- ^ 배우 민욱 별세, 민욱 사망원인 두경두암은 무엇? 그리고 배우 민욱 장례식장과 발인-장지는? (Korean)
- ^ Muere el ex alcalde de Córdoba Andrés Ocaña tras sufrir un infarto (Spanish)
- ^ Ukranian businessman with links to Donald Trump and Russia dies in unexplained circumstances
- ^ Odisha: Former DGP Bana Bihari Panda passes away
- ^ Addio a Giorgio Rosa. Su una piattaforma in mare la sua “Isola delle rose” (Italian)
- ^ Muskego resident, former Obama cyber security chief Schmidt dies at 67
- ^ Si è spento Gianni Carlo Sciolla, cittadino onorario di Netro (Italian)
- ^ John Schneider, longtime state senator from Florissant, dies at 80
- ^ Otakar Štěrba odešel do vodáckého a horolezeckého ráje (Czech)
- ^ Yemen Strike Kills Al Qaeda Bombmaker, Officials Say
- ^ Zemřel Vladimír Vašut (Czech)
- ^ Morreu aos 82 anos a pintora e criadora de moda Maria Velez (Portuguese)
- ^ Helene White Obituary
- ^ Former SDLP MLA PJ Bradley dies - tributes paid to 'gentleman and fearless peace advocate'
- ^ Denis Scheck zum Tod von Irmela Brender (German)
- ^ Friends Remember The "Belle of Branson"
- ^ Nie żyje dziennikarka Zuzanna Czajkowska. Uczestniczka powstania warszawskiego (Polish)
- ^ Tania Dalton, former Silver Ferns netball player, dies aged 45
- ^ In Memoriam Raymond J.G.M. Florax
- ^ Paula Fox, prize winning author, dead at 93
- ^ Murió el escritor y traductor Carlos Gardini (Spanish)
- ^ Pierre Guénin, figure de la presse gay, est mort (French)
- ^ John Hampshire: Yorkshire president dies at the age of 76
- ^ ‘Monsieur’ Kamayatsu, ex-member of ’60s rock band Spiders, dies at 78
- ^ Richard Karron (1934 - 2017)
- ^ 青山学院大名誉教授の木村明生さん死去 現代ロシア論 (Japanese)
- ^ 北村文雄 (Japanese)
- ^ 桑原楽之氏死去（サッカー・メキシコ五輪日本代表） (Japanese)
- ^ Suomen mestari Johannes Lahti on kuollut (Finnish)
- ^ Claudine Maugendre, photo editor, dies
- ^ Famous writer Taarak Mehta passes away at 87
- ^ Gustav Metzger, pioneer of auto-destructive art, dies aged 90
- ^ Muere Alicia Morel, autora de "Perico Trepa por Chile" (Spanish)
- ^ Shirley E. Palesh
- ^ Legendary musician Wally Pikal dies at 90
- ^ Veteran Israeli photojournalist David Rubinger dies at 92
- ^ Longtime 'Another World' Star Michael M. Ryan Dead at 87
- ^ Literaturchef der «Süddeutschen Zeitung» gestorben (German)
- ^ Legendary Malaysian actor Jins Shamsuddin's death a 'huge loss' to country
- ^ Fallece a los 103 años la maestra republicana Alejandra Soler (Spanish)
- ^ Tomaso Staiti di Cuddia è morto: è stato il “Barone nero” della destra radicale (Italian)
- ^ Zmarł Jerzy Stawicki, autor zdjęć do przygód Franka Dolasa (Polish)
- ^ Umro Vladimir Tadej Otišao je čuveni redatelj naših brojnih filmova za djecu i doajen hrvatske i jugoslavenske filmske scenografije (Croatian)
- ^ Bishop Joseph Vu Duy Thông
- ^ «Έφυγε» ο τέταρτος Ολυμπιονίκης του Λος Άντζελες στην άρση βαρών Γιάννης Τσιντσάρης (Greek)