|Created by||João Emanuel Carneiro|
|Directed by||Ricardo Waddington|
and big cast
|Opening theme||"Vem Dançar com Tudo"
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of episodes||179 (Original Run)
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||Original Run:
35 minutes (Wednesdays)
|Original channel||Rede Globo|
|Picture format||(HDTV) 1080i – 16:9
(SDTV) 480i – 4:3
|Original run||March 26, 2012– October 19, 2012|
|Preceded by||Fina Estampa|
|Followed by||Salve Jorge|
Avenida Brasil (English: Brazil Avenue[nb 1]) is a Brazilian primetime telenovela created by João Emanuel Carneiro. It premiered on March 26, 2012 and ended on October 19, 2012 on Rede Globo at 9 pm timeslot.
It was written by João Emanuel Carneiro in collaboration with Antonio Silver, Luciana Pessanha, Alessandro Marson, Marcia Prates and Thereza Falcão and direction of Gustavo Fernandez, Thiago Teitelroit Paul Silvestrini, Andrew Hall and Joan Jabace and directed by José Luiz Villamarim and Amora Mautner and direction of core Ricardo Waddington.
The plot follows the dramatic story of Rita (Mel Maia), a sweet young woman who struggles to recover part of the life her gold digger stepmother, Carminha (Adriana Esteves), took from her when she was only a child.
When Rita's father dies, prematurely, Carminha and her lover, Max (Marcello Novaes), send the young girl off to live in a landfill, so that she doesn't stand in the way of their plan to get rich. There, she is subjected to child labor under the control of a deplorable man, named Nilo (José de Abreu). But, she is lucky enough to meet Batata (Bernardo Simões), a boy who becomes her best friend and true love. He takes her to live with other children, under the care of motherly Lucinda (Vera Holtz), in a house at the landfill. Fortunately, Rita is soon adopted and moves out of the country with a nice family who changes her name to Nina. Batata is adopted by Carminha and Tufão (Murilo Benicio) and they name him Jorginho.
Years later, unrecognizable and motivated by vengeance, Nina (Débora Falabella) promptly tracks down Carminha and surreptitiously infiltrates the family by becoming the personal chef of the stepmother that once shunned her. Eventually, she must face the bitter consequences of seeking revenge against those who hurt her the most. Vile Carminha has managed to lure and marry Tufão, a friendly, rich soccer player who is unaware of her lies and manipulations. They live with some of his loud and garish relatives in an unrefined suburban mansion and, underhandedly, she makes the evil Max her husband's brother-in-law.
Together, Carminha and Max continue to carry out their sadistic plans to get ahead. Nina becomes so engrossed in her single-minded goal to inflict suffering and punishment on those who wronged her that her own happiness is jeopardized. Carminha and Nina have one thing in common: their earnest love for Jorginho (Cauã Reymond), who is Carminha's son and Nina's childhood sweetheart, Batata.
Nina must ultimately confront her past and decide how far she is willing to go to exact revenge on her wretched stepmother, realizing her choices could cost her the love of her life as well as her humanity.
The opening was created by director Alexandre Pit Ribeiro, which featured 135 dancers dancing on a catwalk. The choreography was produced by Dudu Neles.
The opening theme was played by Robson Moura and Lino Krizz, and known for its refrain "OiOiOi", which became successful in social networks.
|Débora Falabella||Nina García Hernández / Rita Fonseca de Souza|
|Adriana Esteves||Carminha (Carmen Lucia Moreira de Souza Araújo)|
|Murilo Benício||Tufão (Jorge Araújo)|
|Cauã Reymond||Jorginho (Jorge Moreira de Araújo Filho) / Cristiano Oliveira / Batata|
|Marcello Novaes||Max (Maxwell Pereira Oliveira)|
|Eliane Giardini||Muricy Araújo|
|Marcos Caruso||Leleco Araújo|
|José de Abreu||Nilo Oliveira|
|Heloísa Perissé||Monalisa Barbosa|
|Juca de Oliveira||Santiago|
|Leticia Isnard||Ivana Araújo Oliveira|
|Nathalia Dill||Débora Magalhães Queirós|
|Alexandre Borges||Cadinho / Dudu (Carlos Eduardo de Souza Queirós)|
|Débora Bloch||Vêronica Magalhães Queirós|
|Camila Morgado||Noêmia Buarque Queirós|
|Carolina Ferraz||Aléxia Bragança Queirós|
|Bruno Gissoni||Iran Barbosa|
|Fabíula Nascimento||Olenka Cabral|
|Débora Nascimento||Tessália das Graças Mendonça|
|José Loreto||Darkson Silas|
|Daniel Rocha||Roni "Roniquito"|
|Ailton Graça||Paulo Silas|
|Paula Burlamaqui||Dolores Neiva (Soninha Catatau)|
|Betty Faria||Pilar Albuquerque|
|Bianca Comparato||Betânia de Almeida|
|Carol Abras||Begonia García Hernández|
|Ronny Kriwat||Tomás Buarque|
|João Henrique Gago||Valdo |
|Felipe Abib||Jimmy Bastos|
|André Luiz Miranda||Valentim|
|Patrícia de Jesus||Jéssica|
|Ana Karolina Lannes||Ágatha Moreira Araújo|
|Bruna Griphao||Paloma Bragança|
|João Fernandes||Picolé |
|Jean Pierre Noher||Martin García Hernández|
|Márcio Tadeu||Padre Solano|
|Tony Ramos||Genésio Fonseca Souza|
|Mel Maia||Rita Fonseca de Souza (child)|
|Bernardo Simões||Batata / Jorginho (child)|
|Timeslot||# Ep.||Premiere||Finale||Rank||Season||Rating average|
Besides the success in Brazil, Avenida Brasil, is also a big hit with the audience in Portugal. In his debut, September 24, 2012, the novel has recorded 13 points and 31.6% audience share, finishing third in the ranking of hearings that day. Week after week, the soap opera continued to record satisfactory levels of audience. On November 15, 2012 Avenida Brasil recorded 11.4 points and an audience share of 36%, meaning that one in three televisions were watching a telenovela. It was the fourth most watched program each day. On January 3, 2013 it was registering 15.9 points and an audience share of 36.6%, the largest audience to date. It remained fourth place in the rankings.
|Timeslot||# Ep.||Premiere||Final||Rank||Season||Views average|
||39%||No. 1||2013||1,5 millions|
The soap opera had a successful debut, becoming increasingly popular, until becoming a great critical and commercial success. It became a favorite subject in the social networks of the internet, being one of the topics most discussed on Twitter, the hashtag reaching the top Trending Topics for each chapter of the story. The night of its final chapter became epic, on Twitter, the hashtag #OiOiOiFinal ranked first in world affairs on Twitter and continued after the end of the exhibition throughout Brazil. In addition to success in social networks, the last chapter brought Brazil to a halt making the streets of big cities like São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and stand deserted. programs of Rede Globo had segments dedicated to the soap and several other Brazilian television stations also commented on the end of Avenida Brasil. With many connected TVs, there was a hoax that a blackout could occur in the whole country after the screening of the final episode due to an effect called "loading ramp" when the novel ends, people resume activities which could generate an overload leaving the country in the dark which did not actually occur. At the close of the soap opera, the telenovela beat its own record. As expected by most critics, the last episode was watched by 80 million people, a very high number, making it the highest rated TV program in 2012 in Brazil.
Awards and nominations
In Portugal it received 16.1 points and an 39% audience share for the last chapter, which means more than 1.5 million viewers watched the outcome of the novela. The plot debuted in SIC in September 2012 and was leader of the time in which it was displayed. It was one of the most watched programs in the country, second only to "Dancin' Days", co-produced by Globo and SIC. The novel also has good viewing figures in Greece, Croatia and Hungary. Argentina reached an average of 12 points with peaks of 13.3 in his first chapter, ensuring impressive viewing figures for Telefe.
- Official name in English.
- TV Globo Internacional – Brazil Avenue – TV Globo International
- "Confira os bastidores da gravação da abertura de Avenida Brasil.". TV Globo. 20 March 2012.
- Conheça os personagens - Avenida Brasil
- Redação NaTelinha (4 March 2012). "Débora Falabella muda visual para viver protagonista em "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- Sara Paixão Extra (1 March 2012). "'Avenida Brasil': Tony Ramos e Adriana Esteves gravam em Guadalupe". Retrieved March 2012.
- Redação Rede Globo (10 February 2012). "Avenida Brasil: confira a primeira foto de Murilo Benício na pele de Tufão". Retrieved March 2012.
- Sara Paixão Extra (26 January 2012). "O novo desafio de Cauã Reymond em 'Avenida Brasil'". Retrieved March 2012.
- OGlobo (4 March 2012). "Marcello Novaes faz laboratório para compor vilão de 'Avenida Brasil'". Retrieved March 2012.
- Redação Rede Globo (17 February 2012). "Eliane Giardini será mãe controladora em "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- NaTelinha (9 December 2011). "Globo inicia gravações de "Avenida Brasil" neste sábado". Retrieved March 2012.
- Redação UOL (30 December 2011). "Vera Holtz substitui Fernanda Montenegro em 'Avenida Brasil'". Retrieved March 2012.
- EXTRA (7 March 2012). "Vera Holtz e José de Abreu representam a bondade e maldade no lixão de ‘Avenida Brasil’". Retrieved March 2012.
- Correio de Uberlândia. "Heloísa Périssé será cabeleireira nordestina em novela".
- "Ator Entra Em Novela".
- Jornal do Povo (29 December 2011). "Letícia Isnard no horário nobre da Globo". Retrieved March 2012.
- OGlobo (29 February 2012). "Isis Valverde: "Minha nova personagem é pegadora nata"". Retrieved March 2012.
- Redação Virgula UOL (24 February 2012). "Alexandre Borges e Debora Bloch gravam cenas de "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- Redação UOL (17 January 2012). "Camila Morgado será uma das mulheres de Alexandre Borges em "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- Correio de Uberlândia (16 February 2012). "Conheça a personagem de Carolina Ferraz em "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- Coisa de Mulher (24 February 2012). "Débora Bloch e Carolina Ferraz gravam avenida brasil". Retrieved March 2012.
- "Cacau Protásio defende Zezé: 'Não é fofoqueira, só troca informações'". 10 October 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- UOL (16 February 2012). "Penteado de Neymar tambem entra na novela da Globo". Retrieved March 2012.
- Ofuxico (16 February 2012). "Fabíula Nascimento vive cabeleireira em Avenida Brasil". Retrieved March 2012.
- MSNEntretenimento (16 February 2012). "Thiago Martins faz laboratório com Vagner Love". Retrieved March 2012.
- Contigo! (1 January 2012). "Débora está animada para seu retorno na TV". Retrieved March 2012.
- Dihitt (28 November 2011). "José Loreto estará no elenco de "Avenida Brasil"". Retrieved March 2012.
- "Daniel Rocha estreia em ‘Avenida Brasil’" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Veja a primeira foto de Paula Burlamaqui em cena como ex-atriz pornô
- "Betty Faria assina com a Globo e será mãe de Alexia em 'Av. Brasil'".
- OGlobo (19 February 2012). "Bianca Comparato será frentista em 'Avenida Brasil'". Retrieved March 2012.
- "Carol Abras visitou clínicas para viver a dependente química Begônia". Globo.com. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Valdo - João Henrique Gago" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Com diabetes, ator mirim de ‘Avenida' se destaca na reta final da novela". Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- NaTelinha (29 February 2012). "Globo grava a novela "Avenida Brasil" na Argentina". Retrieved March 2012.
- MSNEntretenimento (9 February 2012). "Marcella Valente fica loira para nov novela das nove". Retrieved March 2012.
- Revista Quem - Débora Falabella será a protagonista de "Avenida Brasil"
- Contigo ! - Cauã Reymond será protagonista da próxima novela de João Emanuel Carneiro
- Rede Globo - Murilo Benício encarna jogador de futebol em "Avenida Brasil"
- NaTelinha (9 December 2011). "Globo inicia gravações de "Avenida Brasil" neste sábado". Retrieved June 2012.
- Ofuxico (9 February 2012). "Paula Burlamaqui promete papel polêmico em Avenida Brasil". Retrieved March 2012.
- O GLOBO (27 March 2012). "Confira as principais audiências de segunda-feira". O Globo. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- KOGUT, Patrícia (22 October 2012). "Recorde do ano". O Globo. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Último capítulo de "Avenida Brasil" é o programa mais visto de 2012". Folha de S. Paulo. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- Último capítulo de Avenida Brasil garante maior audiência da TV em 2012
- Final de Avenida Brasil tem a maior audiência da TV em 2012
- Capítulo final de Avenida Brasil teve a maior audiência da TV Brasileira no ano
- Último capítulo de "Avenida Brasil" tem 50,9 de Ibope e é maior audiência da TV no ano
- Recorde do ano
- Último capítulo de "Avenida Brasil" é o programa mais visto de 2012
- Com maior audiência da TV no ano, final de ‘Avenida Brasil’ para a cidade
- Redação (25 September 2012). "NT Internacional: "Avenida Brasil" estreia com boa audiência em Portugal". NaTelinha. Uol.
- Redação (November 15, 2012). "Portugal: "Avenida Brasil" ganha audiência e se destaca no Ibope". NaTelinha. UOL.
- A Tarde – Avenida Brasil vira success de audiência em Portugal
- Avenida Brasil Final Ratings
- "Avenida Brasil é a novela maid vended da Globo no exterior". Rede Globo. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Fenômeno mundial, ‘Avenida Brasil’ supera seu próprio recorde de licenciamento
- ""Avenida Brasil" bate recorde de novela mais vendida".
- 'Avenida Brasil' chega ao fim em Portugal com mais de 1,5 milhão de espectadores
- Globo apresenta seus maiores sucessos na Ucrânia
- "Avenida Brasil" estreia com audiência histórica na Argentina
- ""Avenida Brasil", un fenómeno de rating". El Día. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- El boom brasileño que rompe récords