|Native name||अनुषा दांडेकर|
9 January 1982 |
|Occupation||VJ, Host, actress, Singer|
|Home town||Kingsgrove, Sydney|
Dandekar was born on 9 January 1982 in Khartoum, Sudan. She has two sisters, Shibani Dandekar and Apeksha Dandekar. Shibani was a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Anusha's family is Marathi and is originally from Pune, Maharashtra in India. She grew up in Kingsgrove, Sydney.
In 2002, Dandekar moved to Mumbai, Maharashtra. She hosts a fashion television show, MTV's House of Style. She also hosts MTV Dance Crew, MTV Teen Diva and MTV News. She won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards in 2009. Her sister, Shibani Dandekar was a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Dandekar is currently a judge on India's Next Top Model.
She made her acting debut in Bollywood with Mumbai Matinee and went on to do Viruddh. Anusha starred in the musical Miss Bollywood, in which she portrayed an ambitious dancer. Her role in the film Viruddh saw her acting alongside noted Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham. This performance won her the Best Debut at the Maharashtra Times Awards. The movie also starred Sanjay Dutt and Sharmila Tagore. She also acted as Rosa in Anthony Kaun Hai? starring Arshad Warsi and Sanjay Dutt. Later she debuted in Marathi film industry with her role as 'Ashwini' in Jai Jai Maharashtra Majha. Anusha has appeared in Cosmopolitian, Elle and Seventeen and has also appeared on magazine covers. She has also been the face of several brands like Reebok, Toni&Guy, Crocs and Lee Jeans.
- "Better Than Your EX" - Single. - June 2012.
Anusha has been nominated for awards at several Bollywood Award ceremonies. She has also been part of the "India's Most Beautiful" list for People Magazine.
- 2010 – Won "50 Most beautiful Women in India Award" Femina Magazine
- 2009 – Won Best VJ at the Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Female Awards
- 2007 – Nominated for 'Best Face' for Filmfare
- 2006 – Won the Maharashtra Times Sanmaan "Best Debut" award
- 2006 – Nominated for Stardust 'Best Newcomer in a Supporting Role'
- 2004 – Nominated for 'Most Exciting New Face' Stardust Awards
|Jai Jai Maharashtra Maaza||2012||Ashwini Stevenson|
|Delhi Belly||2011||VJ Sophaya|
|City of Gold (2010)||2010||Manasi|
|Anthony Kaun Hai||2006||Rosa|
|Mumbai Matinee||2003||Anusha the Temptress|
- "Long distance love". The Telegraph. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Gahlaut, Kanika (16 June 2003). "Not an item". India Today. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Kharade, Pallavi (9 August 2006). "'People like anything about celebrities'". Times of India. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- Sen, Zinia (1 July 2009). "I've never faced racism". Times of India. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Anusha Dandekar, Lisa Haydon launch 'India's Next Top Model'". Sify. 1998–2014. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Here are the talkies!". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 14 September 2005. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anusha Dandekar.|