Allison Schroeder is an American screenwriter and film producer. She wrote the film Hidden Figures, earning a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Early and personal life
Schroeder graduated from Melbourne High School in Florida in 1997. While in high school, she interned at NASA, where her grandparents worked. She read economics at Stanford University, and after working as a consultant for two years, she went to University of Southern California for her MFA in the Film Production Program.
In January 2016, Schroeder married writer Aaron Brownstein. They have a daughter, Emily, born in 2016.
Awards and Nominations
For - Hidden Figures (with Theodore Melfi)
- ^ "From Melbourne High to Academy Awards: Allison Schroeder". Florida Today. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- ^ "Oscar Nominations 2017: See the Full List". Vanity Fair. January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- ^ "Oscar Nominations 2017: Best Writing Adapted Screenplay". Oscars.com. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- ^ "Oscar Nominations 2017: The Complete List - 89th Academy Awards". Oscars.com. January 24, 2017. Archived from the original on February 19, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- ^ Sangalang, Jennifer. "Melbourne High grad Allison Schroeder is up for Oscar". Florida Today.
- ^ a b Kaufman, Amy. "Meet Allison Schroeder, the NASA-loving writer of 'Hidden Figures' who was just nominated for an Oscar". LA Times.
- ^ "Juggling paid work and specs". John August.
- ^ "Allison And Aaron". The Knot.
- ^ Hill, Libby. "Screenwriter Allison Schroeder on the 'Hidden Figures' nominations: 'We need a happy ending right now'". LA Times.
- ^ [deadline.com]