This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
The 2090s (pronounced "twenty-nineties") is a decade of the Gregorian calendar that will begin on January 1, 2090 and will end on December 31, 2099.
Notable predictions and known events
- Based on current trends, gender equality in the workplace will be achieved on a global basis.
- February 29 – First time that Ash Wednesday falls on February 29.
- 2096 is the last leap year before 2100, which will not be a leap year.
- The dwarf planet 2015 RR245 will make its closest approach to the Sun.
- According to one study, 83% of the Amazon rainforest may have been destroyed.
- The 100-year lease on toll Highway 407 in Ontario, Canada ends and full control of the electronic toll expressway returns to the Government of Ontario.