This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1982 in South Africa
The following lists events that happened during 1982 in South Africa.
- 12 – A bomb damages the office of the West Rand Administration Board in Soweto for the second time.
- 21 – A bomb explodes at the offices of the Department of Coloured Affairs in Pinetown near Durban.
- 28 – A fuel depot and power transformer in Hectorspruit is damaged by a limpet mine.
- 3 – A bomb damages the railway near Dube in Soweto.
- 4 – One person is killed when a bomb explodes in a lift at the offices of the Presidents Council in Cape Town.
- 28 – The railway depot at Vryheid is damaged in an explosion.
- 28 – In Scheepersnek, two bombs cause extensive damage to the railway depot, pump station, stores and vehicles.
- 28 – The Durban-Witwatersrand oil pipeline is damaged by a bomb.
- In Port Elizabeth the police station commander's office and New Law Courts are damaged in an attack.
- 8 – A bomb causes severe damage at the Mobil fuel storage depot in Mkuze.
- 20-21 – Umkhonto we Sizwe uses RPG-7s to attack a rural police station and temporary South African Army garrison at Tonga.
- Unknown date
- Bulelani Ngcuka is jailed for three years for refusing to give evidence in the political trial of Patrick Maqubele and others.
Three new Cape gauge locomotive types enter service on the South African Railways:
- 16 October – Gabashane Rakabaele wins his third national title in the men's marathon in Durban.