This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1937 in South Africa
The following lists events that happened during 1937 in South Africa.
- 1 – The Aliens Act No. 1 is promulgated, restricting and regulating the entry of certain aliens into the Union of South Africa and regulating the right of any person to assume a surname.
Ben Mzimkulu Macala
Template:Last edited october 2018
Four new locomotive types, three steam and one electric, enter service on the South African Railways (SAR):
- ^ "Empire Exhibition". Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- ^ South African Railways and Harbours Locomotive Diagram Book, 2’0” & 3’6” Gauge Steam Locomotives, 15 August 1941, as amended
- ^ a b Holland, D. F. (1972). Steam Locomotives of the South African Railways. 2: 1910-1955 (1st ed.). Newton Abbott, Devon: David & Charles. pp. 73–76, 93–96. ISBN 978-0-7153-5427-8.
- ^ a b c Paxton, Leith; Bourne, David (1985). Locomotives of the South African Railways (1st ed.). Cape Town: Struik. pp. 72–75, 107, 109–110. ISBN 0869772112.
- ^ a b Durrant, A. E. (1989). Twilight of South African Steam (1st ed.). Newton Abbott, London: David & Charles. pp. 37, 126–127. ISBN 0715386387.
- ^ South African Railways Index and Diagrams Electric and Diesel Locomotives, 2’0” & 3’6” Gauge, circa 1940, as amended