This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1899 in association football
The following are the association football events of the year 1899 throughout the world.
- January 8: FC Freiburg are champions of south Germany.
- February: German club Werder Bremen established, Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur founded
- March 12: Final of first official Swiss championship, won by the Anglo-American Club de Zürich
- March 20: England defeat Wales 4-0 in Bristol.
- May 3: Hungarian club Ferencvárosi TC founded
- May 14: Uruguayan club, Club Nacional de Football is founded being the second Uruguayan football club to be founded and the first Latin American club founded by natives. German club Eintracht Frankfurt founded
- August 31: French club Olympique de Marseille founded
- November 29: Spanish Club FC Barcelona founded
- December 16: Italian club AC Milan founded