This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1883 in Canada
Events from the year 1883 in Canada.
Full date unknown
January to June
July to December
Destitute Cree insist government live up to its treaty obligations
Routing CPR line away from more fertile prairie land will hinder settlement
Sandford Fleming's contributions to establishing standard time
Mounties return stolen horses, but deny U.S. Army claim that Cree will wage war in Montana
One cattle hand shoots another, then outraces Mounties to U.S. border
- ^ Excerpt of letter from Bobtail, Ermine Skin, Samson and others, in John Douglas Belshaw, Canadian History: Post-Confederation (2016), pgs. 52-3. Accessed 19 October 2019 [opentextbc.ca]
- ^ "A Consequence of the Diversion of the C.P.R.," The (Toronto) Globe (March 3, 1883). Accessed 6 October 2019 [www.canadahistory.com]
- ^ Proceedings of the American Metrological [sic] Society; Vol. IV; May 1883, December, 1883 (1884), pgs. 6-8, 9-13, 27, 36, 101-7. Accessed 12 October 2019 [babel.hathitrust.org]
- ^ United States Department of State, Papers Relating to the Foreign Relations of the United States[...] (1883), pgs. 511-12. Accessed 6 October 2019 [digicoll.library.wisc.edu]
- ^ John Roderick Craig, Ranching with Lords and Commons[...] (1903), pgs. 97-101. Accessed 6 October 2019 [peel.library.ualberta.ca]