This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1877 in association football
The following are events in 1877 which are relevant to the development of association football. Included are events in closely related codes, such as the Sheffield Rules, amalgamated into the FA Rules in 1877.
- The Sheffield Rules are amalgamated into the FA Rules.
- 25 February – John Tait Robertson (d. 1935), Scotland international half-back in sixteen matches (1898–1905).
- 27 April – Andy Aitken (d. 1955), Scotland international half-back in fourteen matches (1901–1911).
- 13 May – Robert Hamilton (d. 1948), Scotland international forward in eleven matches (1899–1911), scoring fifteen goals.
- 15 September – Peter McBride (d. 1951), Scotland international goalkeeper in six matches (1904–1909).
- 2 October – John Campbell (d. 1919), Scotland international forward in four matches (1899–1901), scoring six goals.
- 4 October – Jimmy Watson (d. unknown), Scotland international full-back in six matches (1903–1909).
- 22 November – Herbert Smith (d. 1951), England international full-back in four matches (1905–1906).