This page uses content from Wikipedia and is licensed under CC BY-SA.
1823 in Canada
Events from the year 1823 in Canada.
- May 10 – Louis-Joseph Papineau and John Neilson are in London to present a petition of 60,000 signatures against favouring Union of the colonies
- October 14 – At a meeting, in Montreal, Mr. (afterwards Sir) James Stuart favors Union.
Full date unknown
Arts and literature
- June 17 – Henri Faraud, bishop of the Roman Catholic Church (died 1890)
- July 23 – Alexandre-Antonin Taché, Roman Catholic priest, missionary, author and Archbishop (died 1894)
- August 13 – Goldwin Smith, historian and journalist (died 1910)
- October 16 – Marc-Aurèle Plamondon, lawyer, journalist, publisher, and judge (died 1900)
- November 10 – Thomas Arkell, politician, farmer and grain merchant (died 1906)
- December 27 – Mackenzie Bowell, politician and 5th Prime Minister of Canada, Born in Rickinghall, England. (died 1917)