Sumerian lexicon search
Showing random words. Use the box above to refine search. Cuneiform Sumerian word English description 𒅆 𒁇 igi...bar to look at ('eye' + 'to open'). 𒀖 áb domestic cow (a,'water, liquid', + íb,'middle') [AB2 archaic frequency: 288]. 𒉻 pad, paðx n., bite, small repast (regularly followed by rá; cf., bur and búru) (sprout + repetitive processing) [? PAD archaic frequency: 38; concatenation of 2 sign variants].
v., to break off.
- Sumerian Lexicon, by John A. Halloran. That's the primary source for the 5000 entries of this online dictionary.
- The Pennsylvania Sumerian Dictionary, by Babylonian Section of the University of Pennsylvania, Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology
- The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature, by the Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Oxford
- Sumerian language, English Wikipedia article
- Introduction to Sumerian grammar, by Daniel A. Foxvog
- Sumerian grammar lessons, a Wikibooks project
- Kategorie: Sumerisch, the Sumerian category of articles in the German Wiktionary