Home > Database > United States > NY > New York City
• Comparison Diagram Compare this building to other notable world structures
• Forum Discussion Follow this building in the SkyscraperPage Forum
Switch heights to
233 Broadway Avenue
New York City NY United States
Status: built Construction Dates Began 1910 Finished 1913 Floor Count 57 Building Uses - mixed use - education - office - residential - retail Structural Types - highrise Architectural Style - neo-gothic Materials - copper - steel - terra cotta
Heights Value Source / Comments Roof 792 ft CTBUH
- The 792 feet, 1 inch tall Woolworth Building was the world's tallest skyscraper from 1913-1930, when it was surpassed by 40 Wall Street and the Chrysler Building.
- No longer occupied by Woolworth, which went out of business in 1998.
- NYU now has facilities on some floors, and a number of upper floors are slated for residential conversion.
• Phorio Entry
• Google Search
Companies Cass Gilbert - Architect
Drawing by Steamboy © SkyscraperPage.com
• View All Drawings (6) • New York City Skyscraper Diagram • New York Diagram • United States Diagram • Steamboy's Diagram
Aerial View - click to view full city map • Google Map
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.