Home > Database > United States > NY > New York City
• Comparison Diagram Compare this building to other notable world structures
• Forum Discussion Follow this building in the SkyscraperPage Forum
Switch heights to
One Worldwide Plaza
825 8th Avenue
New York City NY United States
Status: built Construction Dates Began 1986 Finished 1989 Floor Count 49 Floor Area 139,335 m² Building Uses - office - parking garage - retail - theatre Structural Types - highrise Architectural Style - postmodern Materials - masonry - copper - glass - steel - brick
Heights Value Source / Comments Roof 778 ft
Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- This building was the feature of a PBS multi-part series entitled "Skyscraper!". The series covered financing, planning, design, construction, and completion of the building.
- Despite the pyramid roof's size, is not visible from the street when looking directly up the sides of the building.
• Phorio Entry
• Google Search
Companies Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP - Architect
Drawing by Steamboy © SkyscraperPage.com
• View All Drawings (6) • New York City Skyscraper Diagram • New York Diagram • United States Diagram • Steamboy's Diagram
Aerial View - click to view full city map • Google Map
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.