Home > Database > United States > NY > New York City
• Comparison Diagram Compare this building to other notable world structures
• Forum Discussion Follow this building in the SkyscraperPage Forum
Switch heights to
1540 Broadway, Times Square
New York City NY United States
Status: built Construction Dates Began 1989 Finished 1990 Floor Count 45 Floor Area 102,190 m² Building Uses - office - parking garage - restaurant - retail - theatre Structural Types - highrise - atrium Architectural Style - postmodern Materials - glass - steel
Heights Value Source / Comments Spire 733 ft Blueprints Lower spire 681 ft Blueprints Roof 616 ft Blueprints Main roof 578 ft Blueprints Setback 433 ft Blueprints
- Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Developer: Eichner Properties
- Owner: Bertelsmann Property, Inc.
- The Bertelsmann Building is a class A office building one of Times Square's most prestigious office towers.
- The North American Headquarters of Bertelsmann.
- The Bertelsmann building is home to the worldâs largest record store â the Virgin Megastore â and Planet Hollywoodâs original Official All Star CafÃ©, a 100-car valet-attended parking garage and a four-plex movie theater with seating for 1,650.
- Opened in 1990 as One Broadway Place.
• Phorio Entry
• Google Search
Companies Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP - Architect
Drawing by Patrick Griffin © SkyscraperPage.com
• View All Drawings (3) • New York City Skyscraper Diagram • New York Diagram • United States Diagram • Patrick Griffin's Diagram
Aerial View - click to view full city map • Google Map
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.